E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help... how to remove mirrors

05-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
bf15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i m sport

Help... how to remove mirrors

I order the shadow line trim vinyl. How do i remove the side mirrors so that i can run the vinyl?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8069

I suggest you do the vinyl without taking the bottom trims out. Once removed they are most likely bent and not usable.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #3
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

That's not really what he asked...

You need to remove the door panel. Then remove the door sail. Behind the door sail, there will be 3 torx head bolts holding the side mirror on.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #4
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
That's not really what he asked...
I know exactly what he asked and obviously you didn't read the link I provided. So I'll cut and paste it here for you.

To get the fronts out is much more complicated. For this process, you need to remove your side mirrors. To remove the mirrors you have to do three things.

1 - You need to remove the door panel. Starting from the vertical part of the door trim, pull hard on the door panel. You will need a good amount of force to pull this off. Pull it back so you can access the black plastic lining that runs around the inside upper part of the door. You do not need to completely remove this panel, but it needs to come about halfway off for you to get what you need.

2 - Remove the inside plastic trim that runs on the upper part of the door. This is simple to remove if you have removed the door panel correctlty. Just pull it off of the door. It will still hang in place due to some wiring of the side speaker. This will give you access to the 3 torx screws that hold the mirror in place.

3 - Remove the mirror. Using a torx screwdriver, remove the three screws holding the mirror in place. Make sure you are holding the mirror when you unscrew the last one. Dont want your mirror to fall and scratch your car. You will need a second person to hold this while you are doing the trim swap.
Appreciate 2
Ali-E90378.50