E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Wide World of Cars or Prestige? (NY/NJ Area)

06-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
Rather Dashing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i Man/Ti/Sport

Wide World of Cars or Prestige? (NY/NJ Area)

I test drove the 325i at Wide World in Spring Valley and loved it so I'm going to get it. I was wondering if I should go down to Prestige or back to Wide World of cars to do the final deal? Has anyone had any specific bad/good experiences. Can anyone tell me what a good price to get down to on a:
325i, auto, heated seats, sat prep, metallic paint
MSRP would be 33,200 and invoice is 30,615.
I was think $1,000 off? that would still give them $1,705 profit (5.6% of the price of the car). Is that too steep? Also, is anyone going to wait for the xi? How much more will they be and will it be worth it in the ny/nj winters?
Thanks!
Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I went to Prestige and was very happy with the service. I have never been to Wide World of Cars, so I can't make a comparison. I was able to negotiate $1500 off very easily. If your car is heavily optioned or if you push harder, you may be able to get even more of a discount.

If you will be registering the car in NY, I have noticed that it is usually easier to get your registration and plates when buying from a NY dealer (they will typically have the plates ready at time of delivery). The NJ dealers always give you that 21 day non-resident permit while you wait for plates.

Michael
Appreciate 0