BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > aFe springs installed!

05-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
aFe springs installed!

Curious to see if anyone has tried either of these out. aFe's performance center is down the street from my house and i saw a few of the mods they have for the M2 but i haven't been able to find reviews so i'm hesitant to try it out.

springs
http://afepower.com/afe-control-lowering-springs-1

coilovers
http://afepower.com/afe-power-430-50...oilover-system

Edit:

I got my aFe springs installed by @ultramagneticAL last night and now i'm writing down my initial impressions. I've only put about 40 miles on them so far so keep that in mind.

We can start with the packaging and general look of the springs. Everything was pretty standard. The springs were packed neatly and there was enough packaging material so they weren't banging around in the box. As far as the look of the springs go... i'm a fan. The orange resembles the M4 GTS color and while i'll probably never see the springs again until I more suspension mods, it's kind of cool to know it's there.

As far as the overall drop goes, it is a good 1" drop. Perhaps a bit more once the springs settle.

Front: Before and After

Rear: Before and After

Now the important bit, ride quality. I put about 1,000 miles on the stock springs so i got a decent feel for how the car would ride. Initial impressions of the aFe springs would be that it is nearly identical to stock. I honestly can't feel any difference in ride quality when compared to stock. I want to say it's a tad bit softer than the stock springs but that may just be the placebo effect talking. Either way, i'm happy with the look and that it maintained ride quality.

Editt:

I stopped by aFe today and caught their M2 in the parking lot. Snagged a few pictures..

From what I could see they have it lowered on their coilovers and it has their downpipe back exhaust. Didn't get to hear the exhaust since it was a quick fly by

Last edited by recycledAlva; 05-16-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: added links
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

It really depends on the height and how low the car is.
I got ms springs and it's a perfect dropping.

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledAlva View Post
Curious to see if anyone has tried either of these out. aFe's performance center is down the street from my house and i saw a few of the mods they have for the M2 but i haven't been able to find reviews so i'm hesitant to try it out.

springs
http://afepower.com/afe-control-lowering-springs-1

coilovers
http://afepower.com/afe-power-430-50...oilover-system
Give them a call, perhaps they have a car on hand you can take a look at. I know Nic, the owner, is very much into M cars and may be driving one.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Give them a call, perhaps they have a car on hand you can take a look at. I know Nic, the owner, is very much into M cars and may be driving one.
I did just this. Went in this morning and the owner, Nick, had taken the M2 home lol. I'm picking up some springs from aFe later so I might be able to catch a look at the car if it's there. I'll try to get some photos of it to share here as well
      05-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
I did just this. Went in this morning and the owner, Nick, had taken the M2 home lol. I'm picking up some springs from aFe later so I might be able to catch a look at the car if it's there. I'll try to get some photos of it to share here as well
Please share.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2017, 03:41 AM   #6
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I still haven't had a chance to check out the aFe M2 but I'll ask my buddy again.

Also, lowered my car on afe springs today so I'll post pictures and thoughts a bit later
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Updated with spring install and aFe's M2
      05-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #8
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Updated with spring install and aFe's M2
Let us know what you think after the break-in period.
Appreciate 0