THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications 4 M Performance Front Splitter Paint Options

View Poll Results: Which splitter paint approach do you prefer?
All Painted 2 9.52%
Bottom Painted, Fangs Black 5 23.81%
Fangs Painted, Bottom Black 1 4.76%
All Black 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

04-29-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
Wagerd
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Glacier, '17 M2 AW

4 M Performance Front Splitter Paint Options

I've seen several different ways to paint the front splitter, but hadn't seen them for the Glacier Silver. Since I only get to paint once, I did a little photoshop work to get an idea of the different looks. Maybe this will help someone else decide as well. Vote for your favorite.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Nito310
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

I have mine all black on GS. Looks good especially if you have the other black/carbon bits like the spoiler, mirror covers, and diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

I would go all painted or all black. Having just the fangs black looks ok directly from the front but not really good from any angle in my opinion. Has anyone thought about all painted in a gloss black? I haven't seen any pictures of gloss black but I've seen rear diffusers that are gloss black and I think that the effect is really nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 11:04 PM   #4
Wagerd
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Glacier, '17 M2 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPedalAddict View Post
I would go all painted or all black. Having just the fangs black looks ok directly from the front but not really good from any angle in my opinion. Has anyone thought about all painted in a gloss black? I haven't seen any pictures of gloss black but I've seen rear diffusers that are gloss black and I think that the effect is really nice.
Yea, I thought about possibly even matching the darker gray on the mirrors, but thought that might just make it look more goofy. Also thought about a more glossy black to match (future) black grill surrounds & spoiler.

I suppose keeping it all black has the benefit of not showing rock chips quite as badly -- around here, seems like I"m driving through rock storms every day on my way to work. I just thought the front looked a little like a cross between a nurse shark and a Mazda with it all black.

Did you guys mount the screws on the bottom before the adhesive?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

I've seen a GS with the front splitter all painted to match and it looked sharp. I don't think it looks good that way in every color, but for me it just works in GS.