E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Lux V6 vs Weisslicht Review

04-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
crystalline
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Lux V6 vs Weisslicht Review

Hi everyone, I recently purchased Lux v6 (pre lci) as I was worried about the quality of the halo bulbs the previous owner of my car had installed. He claimed he had got them off ebay...so I had reason to be worried. However when I took the bulb out I found that it was a Weisslicht kit, I am unsure of the version. The only thing printed on the bulb is 5JA026Z.

Removal/Install was easy, jack the front of the car, remove the wheel and fender liner, pop open the bulb holder. Very simple for anyone to do.

I went ahead and took some pictures after installing just one of the Lux V6s. The difference is extremely minimal. To me the Lux is barely brighter and barely whiter (the Weisslicht is a hair more blue). I know everyone loves Lux on the forums but I don't see a real noticeable difference.

What do you guys think? Don't take this as Lux bashing at all, I believe the Lux kit is cheaper new...

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
crystalline
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Here are the two bulbs side by side.

Appreciate 0