Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

04-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

New in Bellevue

So, I finally made it to Bellevue. Good timing too, weather is getting better. Kinda miss my F83 here.

Been to BMW Bellevue, they got some M4s in stock, all well spec'ed with performance goodies and CP.

One question, how is the drive with the CP 20" wheels around here; from what I can see, Bellevue got decent streets but moving into Redmond, it's not as good.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

That's a loaded question, I've got the ZCP with the OEM 19's and I don't have a problem, but i've also been driving lowered cars all my life and riding on 19's with 35 series tires was a norm for me for a long time when I first moved here. That being said I would never choose the diameter of the wheel on my car based on the roads in the city I live. If that were the case I'd tell you do get an SUV and not an M!

All kidding aside, if you like the 20's get the 20's and just pay attention to the road when driving. Those potholes jump in front of you out of nowhere!

Welcome to Washington!
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
cerran
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 M5, '16 M4

The 20's are firm but zcp suspension is very well damped so it's fine on east side roads. I tend to avoid Seattle but like knightarmor says just gotta pay attention.

Not to hijack thread but what 19 wheel+tire did you go with? I've been thinking about it myself.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerran View Post
The 20's are firm but zcp suspension is very well damped so it's fine on east side roads. I tend to avoid Seattle but like knightarmor says just gotta pay attention.

Not to hijack thread but what 19 wheel+tire did you go with? I've been thinking about it myself.
I used to have the 437M black wheels, they came as part of the package. I like them, I've seen the CP 20" ones, they definitely look better in person, but personally I still favor the 437.

Might end up getting the exact car I had back home
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
Zomboss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
You'll be fine with 666Ms on the eastside. I have ZCP and I typically keep the suspension on Sport. When I know I'm going to hit some rough pavement, I would quickly switch to Comfort and then back to Sport again after its clear.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboss View Post
You'll be fine with 666Ms on the eastside. I have ZCP and I typically keep the suspension on Sport. When I know I'm going to hit some rough pavement, I would quickly switch to Comfort and then back to Sport again after its clear.
I guess you are right, I just had a chat with someone with M3 CP, and he said the same thing.

It will now depend on the how much the CP will increase my lease if I decide to get it. power-wise, I was very happy with the standard M4 performance, it's more than enough for me.

I will go for it if I get a good deal. if not, will save the cash to spend of something else.
Appreciate 0