F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Integral Audio Soundstage Review
proTUNING Freaks

04-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
couch000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i 6MT

Integral Audio Soundstage Review

I have meant to post a review of my Integral Audio Soundstage for a while now so here goes. My apologies to Kevin Bennett for taking so long. 🙁 I have had the system installed for a couple months now and every time I get in the car it still brings a smile to my face. I hear such crystal clear and detailed sounds that it's really hard to do the system justice in a written review.

The install took me a little longer than normal because I was doing it in bits and pieces between work, kids, etc. but finally got it installed in my (new to me) 2013 335i in about a week's time. Luckily I was able to drive my old e90 in the meantime. I'm by no means a DIYer but I got through it fairly easily. There were a few bumps along the way and Kevin was there every time to help. Even though I've never installed stereo equipment before it was still very easy. If I were to install it again, given what I know now, it would be a breeze. If you have the time and are familiar with car stereo installs I could see someone getting this installed easily in a day. It really is pretty simple and straightforward and is a true plug-and-play solution.

The sound is simply amazing compared to what was in the car originally. I am not an audiophile but I do know what sounds good to me and appreciate a good sound. I have also had upgraded stereo systems in previous cars. In my old e90 I replaced the speakers with Alpines in front and back and had two Alpine amps installed along with a sub. This setup sounded good but was always lacking in a lot of areas.

Enter the IA Soundstage- The first song I listened to after the install was a completely new experience when it comes to car audio. I was absolutely blown away!!! I was hearing sounds I had never heard before in that song. It was crystal clear and didn't suffer at higher volumes. The range and detail of sound was amazing. I didn't even know the underseat woofers worked before but with the IA Soundstage I can definitely hear them and feel them. They really pick up those mid-level ranges.

I have my own subwoofer (Digital Designs) and am still tweaking the settings a little bit to maximize the bass potential and get it to where I like it. I would venture to guess if you get the IA subwoofer it will sound great with no tweaking needed.

The other absolute advantage of the IA system that I can't stress enough is the owner Kevin Bennett. He was extremely helpful and a real pleasure to work with through the whole process. I spoke with him on the phone whenever I had questions and he was there every time with support and knowledge. He is, by far, the most knowledgeable person I have ever spoken to about car audio. You can tell he truly loves this stuff.

So, if anyone would ask me if I would purchase it again and is it worth the money? I would definitely say "Yes!" without hesitation. It sounds spectacular and is truly a plug-and-play solution. Again, I'm not a car audio (expert), but compared to the Alpine speakers and the Digital Designs sub in my previous e90 and the stock BMW stereo systems I've heard in BMWs, there really is no comparison. Every time I drive my old e90 I'm immediately reminded just how good the IA Soundstage sounds. Again, a written review just doesn't do the system justice. If you're even remotely thinking about upgrading your current stock system and considering the IA Soundstage, I say go for it! You will not be disappointed.

If anyone has questions regarding my experience please don't hesitate. I'm happy to help.
Appreciate 1
slief16.50
      04-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
couch000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Sorry man, I didn't take any pics. I was working in low light in the garage and was just trying to get the system in as quick as I could given family and work. Plus there are other threads on here that have great detailed pics on their install.

The beauty of this system is there's really not much to see. Plus, it's what you hear that's important. 😀 Everything fits seamlessly with the car and you don't even know there's an aftermarket system in the car.

The system is awesome! That's pretty much all you need to know.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Ok. Enjoy the sound. I am waiting on them to produce something for the HK.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 01:29 AM   #5
alude
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI F30 BSM

I have been communicating with Kevin via emails the last few days and he has stated that the new Soundstage DSP will be releasing sometime in the next 4-8 weeks. He also stated that all of his focus right now is towards the DSP System. This will be compatible with F30s that have the HK System as well.

I can’t wait to put this in my 2016 340i. 😀
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Triharderken
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 F31 M-Sport EDC 400m

Quote:
Originally Posted by alude View Post
I have been communicating with Kevin via emails the last few days and he has stated that the new Soundstage DSP will be releasing sometime in the next 4-8 weeks. He also stated that all of his focus right now is towards the DSP System. This will be compatible with F30s that have the HK System as well.

Hallelujah! Except it won't work with my F31...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
andrew.webber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328ise

Quote:

Anyone heard anything as the 4-8 weeks has gone and nothing!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
alude
Rep

Kevin did update me and he said he is still working very hard to complete this . He is currently trying to complete the wiring harness portion of the system. He said the HK system’s wiring harness is very complicated. He is aiming for an Oct completion date. Let’s wish him all the best👍
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #9
andrew.webber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328ise

Quote:
Kevin did update me and he said he is still working very hard to complete this . He is currently trying to complete the wiring harness portion of the system. He said the HK system’s wiring harness is very complicated. He is aiming for an Oct completion date. Let’s wish him all the best👍
Thanks for the Update Alude
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #10
alude
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.webber View Post
Thanks for the Update Alude
My pleasure. Will update this post as soon as I get an update from Kevin
Appreciate 0