E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 180 vs OEM BMW

04-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
chris07is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT Coupe

Garage List
LUX H8 180 vs OEM BMW

I drive a 2012 335is coupe and i'm looking at all of the different aftermarket lighting options and wondering, are any of them "better" than the OEM bulbs I currently have?

I like the look of the new LUX H8 180's, but i'm not knowledgable enough to know if people buy these because they NEED to replace their OEM parts due to damage or w/e, or if they are an actual upgrade in terms of lighting capability and appearance. Or is it both?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparatore7 View Post
I drive a 2012 335is coupe and i'm looking at all of the different aftermarket lighting options and wondering, are any of them "better" than the OEM bulbs I currently have?

I like the look of the new LUX H8 180's, but i'm not knowledgable enough to know if people buy these because they NEED to replace their OEM parts due to damage or w/e, or if they are an actual upgrade in terms of lighting capability and appearance. Or is it both?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Kind of seems from your post that you are thinking those have to do with the headlights(the actual output of the headlight I mean), in which they have no affect on the actual headlight output. It is purely a cosmetic thing to make the rings around the headlights look better.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
chris07is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Kind of seems from your post that you are thinking those have to do with the headlights(the actual output of the headlight I mean), in which they have no affect on the actual headlight output. It is purely a cosmetic thing to make the rings around the headlights look better.
Very helpful, thanks. I am indeed talking about the headlight output. I feel like the output is very dull on my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Very helpful, thanks. I am indeed talking about the headlight output. I feel like the output is very dull on my car.
That's what I thought, wanted to make sure so you could get the correct info from members.
I have no experience on anything other than the oem HID bulbs which as you said are not the greatest. From what others have said BMW doesn't use the greatest projectors either which also causes poor output. But someone said swapping in a better HID bulb will help, just not too sure on which HID bulbs are the best/better.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
OK thats good to know. So first off, if you have a 2012 335is coupe, then you have the facelifted version, and you already have white LED Angel eyes, so there is no need to change that, and our LUX H8 180 angel eyes would not even work for you. As well the angel eyes are only cosmetic and do not provide illumination on the road, which you are looking for.
Appreciate 0