E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Bmw e87 fitted with 2013 n55

04-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Roberto135i
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Bmw e87 fitted with 2013 n55

Hi, first post on this forum so go easy on me. Basically I have a 2007 e87 118i shell fitted with all the running gear and engine from a 2013 plate 135i (n55) so far I've fitted a burger motorsport induction kit, full 3inch stainless system from turbo back (no cats) and a 7" Wagner competion intercooler. Took it for a remap last Friday as with mine been the cross over date from "E" series to "F" series it's got a f series ecu but on a e series engine and turbo, not sure if anyone else has that or mines just a one off? So I had to get it bench flashed annoyingly as otherwise I'd go mhd. right now the car made 336bhp in stock form on the rollers, that's fine, they then opened up the ecu did some stuff and then it ran a 352bhp.... after some head scratching by them and a lot of talking to each other they took the ecu off the car again, did some stuff to ecu put it back on and it made 367bhp@ 5,708rpm max torque was 406.7lbft @ 3,544rpm. They then turned around and said it must have a smaller turbo than usual that's why it isn't making the power at top end. Then they started saying the maf position must be wrong, they said it was running 18psi low rev range and only 9psi mid to high rev range. Anyways by this time it was 7.30 pm and I'd been there since 9.30am so I just agreed and drove home kind off annoyed really as I felt like they was just fobbing me off. Also on the way home I thought I'd give it some beans and at top of the rev range at times it coughs and splutters, you can't drive through this you have no option but to change up a gear, so that's not right also. My question is what figures is everyone else making and where did you take it? I feel like the map clearly isn't right, don't get me wrong in some places on the graph it's nearly making 70bhp more than my stock map. I was under the impression a custom map invokes actually writing a map, this particular company just upped the boost parimeters by the sounds of it.... is that what all companies do? Sorry for the essay but any help be much appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

The E series turbo has a smaller exhaust side than the F series turbo. You need to have whomever tuned that car adjust the tune then if you're having problems with it. The stock E series turbo should be able to hold around 13 psi @ 6500 RPM with 99% WGDC.
Appreciate 0