E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Muhammads' e91 320d

03-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Muhammad
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

Muhammads' e91 320d

Hello everyone,

I'm from Leicester and new to the forum. Recently bought my lci e91 320d after having owned my Clio 182 for two years. Due to a change in circumstances I needed something bigger and less thirsty.

My brother has a lci e90 318d business edition so wanted something similar but with more power. Wasn't looking for a touring but after searching for a while i found this 1 owner from new FSH example really well looked after which i got pretty cheap.

So far I've fitted wind deflectors, led angel eye bulbs and refreshed the boot struts. I've had a new aux belt tensioner and belt fitted. Gearbox seal and dpf clamp is being replaced Saturday. It's going to get new wipers and bulbs over the weekend.

Don't fancy spending too much on it yet but long term it'll get a double din stereo with reverse camera, sub and rear screens I've got lying around from an old car.

Was thinking about a straight through cat back exhaust and remap eventually. Maybe some spacers for the alloys and getting a nice staggered summer set as these are quite hidden in the arches.

I also want to learn about coding so any and all help is appreciated. Looking forward to learning lots and helping where i can.

Thought's and ideas welcome!

Will upload some pics soon too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
YH10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm from Leicester and new to the forum. Recently bought my lci e91 320d after having owned my Clio 182 for two years. Due to a change in circumstances I needed something bigger and less thirsty.

My brother has a lci e90 318d business edition so wanted something similar but with more power. Wasn't looking for a touring but after searching for a while i found this 1 owner from new FSH example really well looked after which i got pretty cheap.

So far I've fitted wind deflectors, led angel eye bulbs and refreshed the boot struts. I've had a new aux belt tensioner and belt fitted. Gearbox seal and dpf clamp is being replaced Saturday. It's going to get new wipers and bulbs over the weekend.

Don't fancy spending too much on it yet but long term it'll get a double din stereo with reverse camera, sub and rear screens I've got lying around from an old car.

Was thinking about a straight through cat back exhaust and remap eventually. Maybe some spacers for the alloys and getting a nice staggered summer set as these are quite hidden in the arches.

I also want to learn about coding so any and all help is appreciated. Looking forward to learning lots and helping where i can.

Thought's and ideas welcome!

Will upload some pics soon too.
Welcome !
Whereabouts in Leicester are you from ?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Muhammad
Rep

Here are the pics

[IMG]

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Muhammad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YH10 View Post
Welcome !
Near the Humberstone heights golf course, are you from Leicester too?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
YH10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YH10 View Post
Welcome !
Near the Humberstone heights golf course, are you from Leicester too?
Yes I am.. Often drive through that area aswell.. Car looks like a good platform to start some modding
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #6
Muhammad
Rep

Made some progress today. Had a broken dpf clamp changed and the gearbox selector seal changed.

Engine bay had clearly been neglected so needed some tlc. So a couple of hours, surfex hd, aerospace 303 and elbow grease worked out well
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:33 AM   #7
Redguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2007 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Looks great!

The engine bay has come up a treat - great work.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
Muhammad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguy
Looks great!

The engine bay has come up a treat - great work.
Thanks, just trying to get the car tidy still got a few bits to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #9
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Welcome!!

Engine bay is looking well tidy now, good job.

Get modding and keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
Muhammad
Rep

With the weather being as nice as it has been I've made a little progress.

Had a pioneer double din stereo lying around as well as a 12inch vibe sub so thought id fit that. Was going to fit read screens which i also have but decided against it for now.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
Muhammad
Rep

Fitted a reverse camera too. Would have loved to go with the idrive but because of the price and having this stuff lying around i couldn't justify the expense.

The fitting on the stereo surround isn't the best but after a fit of fettling it's turned out better.

Had a few issues with the connections on the back of the stereo as it was yanked out previously when a cretin stole it from one of my old cars.

Thankfully we managed to catch him and get it back so all is well. A bit if soldering to the connections and pins and it was as good as new. 2016 q3 tom tom maps and fresh firmware upgrade, you can't tell the unit is about 10 years old.

Hid the ipod connection in the center console and removed the original telephone connection, replaced by a tray from bmw at 13 quid. Saw one on ebay for 18!

Got some little bag/ storage compartments from ebay which come in handy and stop things falling into the abyss between the console and seats.

Resprayed the start button surround satin black and it's come up well.

Also gave the towbar a lick of paint as it was starting to rust and looked a little off. Leaving the towbar out incase of any parking accidents as the bumper has already been "kissed" when parked.

Any questions, thoughts or comments welcome
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #12
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
No cruise control? Treat yourself ;-) Great looking car!
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #13
Muhammad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming
No cruise control? Treat yourself ;-) Great looking car!
The cruise control stalk is a bit lower so not in the shot. Thanks, i appreciate it.
Appreciate 0