E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How to keep stock Rubber Mats clean and looking new?

03-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
MrAC
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92

How to keep stock Rubber Mats clean and looking new?

Hello!

I have the stock rubber mats in my vehicle and no matter how much I clean them to the best of my ability, once the mats dry, they look dry and doesn't have that clean black look.

My friends have used armor all on their mats to make it looking clean and shiny. They look good actually but I just wanted to know if armor all is a recommended way to have my rubber mats looking shiny.

I pretty much want them to look new and black again and not looking like someone's ashy skin

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do or what product(s) to use. that would be great.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAC View Post
Hello!

I have the stock rubber mats in my vehicle and no matter how much I clean them to the best of my ability, once the mats dry, they look dry and doesn't have that clean black look.

My friends have used armor all on their mats to make it looking clean and shiny. They look good actually but I just wanted to know if armor all is a recommended way to have my rubber mats looking shiny.

I pretty much want them to look new and black again and not looking like someone's ashy skin

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do or what product(s) to use. that would be great.

Thanks!
I take my car to a self service pressure car wash and it has these little clamp things on the wall for hooking your mats. you pressure clean the mats and they literally look brand new. if you are super OCD, you can wipe them down with that shiny stuff and they will look perfect. they do get dirty quickly though.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6453.50
      03-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
MrAC
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
I take my car to a self service pressure car wash and it has these little clamp things on the wall for hooking your mats. you pressure clean the mats and they literally look brand new. if you are super OCD, you can wipe them down with that shiny stuff and they will look perfect. they do get dirty quickly though.
I usually do that but I don't apply anything onto after once it dries. And yes I'm somewhat OCD, which shiny stuff were you referring to?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAC View Post
I usually do that but I don't apply anything onto after once it dries. And yes I'm somewhat OCD, which shiny stuff were you referring to?

Thanks
dude i dont know, i guess the armor all your friend mentioned? i dont bother doing anything more then just pressure washing them because theyre going to get dirty within a week anyways and i dont want them to be slippery.

theres this plastic/vinyl cleaner.. I dont remember the exact name, something similar to meguiars. anyways, I used it to clean up my dads disgusting interior and it cut through dirt like it was nothing. try something like that
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
dude i dont know, i guess the armor all your friend mentioned? i dont bother doing anything more then just pressure washing them because theyre going to get dirty within a week anyways and i dont want them to be slippery.

theres this plastic/vinyl cleaner.. I dont remember the exact name, something similar to meguiars. anyways, I used it to clean up my dads disgusting interior and it cut through dirt like it was nothing. try something like that
I've leased three Mercedes Benz over the last 8 years with those rubber mats and it is literally impossible to keep them looking good.

Our current 2017 GLE has Weathertech brand mats and not even 2 months in (1,200 miles) of driving and they look like they came out the inside of a 1968 European Taxi cab.

I tried everything from car wash to hand scrubbing with dish soap and nothing works. They either stay looking grimy or immediately get dirty again to taunt you.

I think they are not really supposed to look good OR they are a one season only use and then you buy new rubber mats.

Either way you car won't be car show fresh ever again if you keep rubber mats in there.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
yipronny
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

i have the same issue, the rubber just becomes worn over time. the only solution is to buy a new set. I would advise applying any sorts of dressing to freshen up the rubber as that will create a hazardous situation since ur mats are now slippery.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
roundle
EXPAT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 VW GTI;18 CX9;11 E91 N52

They are a wear item -- replace them every 3 years.
Appreciate 0