BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Eisenmann for m2

03-04-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
reddemon
Private
Rep
Drives: m2

Eisenmann for m2

Anyone in here uses eisenmann?feedback appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

One of my m2 friends is using Eisenmann. We believe he's been the first and only F87 Eisenmann user to date in China.

It doesn't change much how stock system sounds but instead amplifies it, which is good because stock low end grunt is really sweet. We compare different F87 sounding system all the time - MPE, akrapovic, IPE, FI, Eisenmann and I believe my impression is very accurate. I can upload a sound clip of my friend's Eisenmann when I get to the computer.

Now the downside: The Eisenmann system is built in multiple pieces, connected by clamps. But the fitment wasn't perfect. Mechanic did a lot of adjusting and used sealant to ensure no leakage from between downpipe and midpipe.
      03-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
SupraSaiyan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Stripper AW/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
One of my m2 friends is using Eisenmann. We believe he's been the first and only F87 Eisenmann user to date in China.

It doesn't change much how stock system sounds but instead amplifies it, which is good because stock low end grunt is really sweet. We compare different F87 sounding system all the time - MPE, akrapovic, IPE, FI, Eisenmann and I believe my impression is very accurate. I can upload a sound clip of my friend's Eisenmann when I get to the computer.

Now the downside: The Eisenmann system is built in multiple pieces, connected by clamps. But the fitment wasn't perfect. Mechanic did a lot of adjusting and used sealant to ensure no leakage from between downpipe and midpipe.
Good feedback. In your opinion, which of those is has the meanest sound?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan View Post
Good feedback. In your opinion, which of those is has the meanest sound?
They're all mean in my book so I'd rather rate them by loudness. Fabspeed muffler bypass is the most aggressive by far, followed by Armytrix(valve open), MPE(track) and FI. Akrapovic and Eisenman are on the quieter side, which is very noticeable when compared side by side.

That being said, a high flow or decat downpipe will be more effective in achieving desired loudness.
      03-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #5
reddemon
Private
Rep
Drives: m2

Quote:
They're all mean in my book so I'd rather rate them by loudness. Fabspeed muffler bypass is the most aggressive by far, followed by Armytrix(valve open), MPE(track) and FI. Akrapovic and Eisenman are on the quieter side, which is very noticeable when compared side by side.

That being said, a high flow or decat downpipe will be more effective in achieving desired loudness.
Sean,appreciate your post.

could you further enlighten me with some answers.

1)for akra if i install the soundkit, can i permanently leave the valve open?so that when i next start the car again, the valves will STILL be opened.

2)eisenmann afaik, doesnt come with a switch to open the valves right?so, it will just bang on the stock valve controlling system and it will open the valves on high load?

i like mpe.unfortunately, i heard there's a bad rattling on cold start and they are revising it.also, in my country of residence, i could not get a mpe from my agent.(was just told they dont ship it here). armytrix and fab are out of my options as i cant find any distributor here and they are definitely illegal in the eyes of the law.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Akrapovic remote controller always has valve closed as default when engine starts. Eisenmann is simpler just following stock valve behavior.
      03-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #7
LBBDrew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:

MPE is louder than FI, both with valves open?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBDrew View Post
MPE is louder than FI, both with valves open?
Make no mistake, FI hasn't been quiet historically. But its F87 system has a similar design to stock system. They have tricks made in the muffler, rather than partially bypass it. To me, it's sounding very good at down low and mid range IRL, but a little bit too raspy up top. MPE & FI, when both with valves open, are close in term of loudness.

BTW, FI has the largest tip diameter I've seen for F87.

From all I've heard, it looks like an easier job to make a good sounding F87 system than a bad one