BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Suntek Ultra

03-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #1
M2BSM17
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BSM M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Suntek Ultra

I just got Suntek Ultra PPF done on the front end and expel ultimate on the rocker panels. The Suntek ultra looks great on the hood/fenders/bumper area. No orange peel and can't notice it at all. My installer recommended Xpel for the rocker areas because more shredding from stones. Suntek ultra has the 10 year warranty to match Xpel. Both look great!

For Atlanta area people, I highly recommend Atlanta Protective Films!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
D CHOI581.00
      03-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Nice work! I wasn't aware of Suntek Ultra. Apparently it just came out recently and it doesn't even show on their main website. I personally would prefer Suntek over XPEL for clarity reasons especially in a black car so great choice! Now that they offer the 10 year warranty sounds like Suntek has stepped up and made some improvements that hopefully didn't affect their clarity.

Last edited by D CHOI; 03-03-2017 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
M2BSM1789.00
      03-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

It also has a hydrophobic top coat. I have a sample that I will be using on my truck. I think I have enough to at least wrap the bumper.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BSM17 View Post
I just got Suntek Ultra PPF done on the front end and expel ultimate on the rocker panels. The Suntek ultra looks great on the hood/fenders/bumper area. No orange peel and can't notice it at all. My installer recommended Xpel for the rocker areas because more shredding from stones. Suntek ultra has the 10 year warranty to match Xpel. Both look great!

For Atlanta area people, I highly recommend Atlanta Protective Films!
It looks great and will be doing the same to my incoming BSM! What tint and % did you do? How do you like it?
Appreciate 1
D CHOI581.00
      03-17-2017, 07:27 AM   #5
M2BSM17
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
It looks great and will be doing the same to my incoming BSM! What tint and % did you do? How do you like it?
I got Suntek CXP 35% all around (except windshield). I like it a lot and I prefer to keep it legal. I've had the same on prior cars so I requested it and the installer said that it is what he primarily uses anyway. You'll love the car! I have 700 miles on it and it is more fun every time I drive it! Can't wait for the 1200 mile maintenance....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #6
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BSM17 View Post
I got Suntek CXP 35% all around (except windshield). I like it a lot and I prefer to keep it legal. I've had the same on prior cars so I requested it and the installer said that it is what he primarily uses anyway. You'll love the car! I have 700 miles on it and it is more fun every time I drive it! Can't wait for the 1200 mile maintenance....
Thanks for the feedback and like the 35% tint idea also for many reasons. How's your's rear corner panels holding up? Do you wish you also PPF'ed them? Sorry for all the questions but I'm buying the car out of state and there's a local Suntek installer close to the dealer. I'm considering having them perform both so it's all completed before picking and driving the car back 450 miles. I'll enjoy the M2 more if I know its protected, that's for sure!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
M2BSM17
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
Thanks for the feedback and like the 35% tint idea also for many reasons. How's your's rear corner panels holding up? Do you wish you also PPF'ed them? Sorry for all the questions but I'm buying the car out of state and there's a local Suntek installer close to the dealer. I'm considering having them perform both so it's all completed before picking and driving the car back 450 miles. I'll enjoy the M2 more if I know its protected, that's for sure!
I did the rocker panels. I think it's worth it. The tires are so sticky you can hear rocks/gravel getting thrown up all the time. Others have posted they wish they did rocker panels so I did as well. It covers most of the rear panel and blends in nicely. It only added another $400 dollars, so I went for it.
Appreciate 0