E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Broken Coolant Vent Line, is this an issue?

02-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Broken Coolant Vent Line, is this an issue?

Hey guys, so this little vent line broke right off at the connection. I've plugged both ends and no coolant is leaking. Temps seems normal across the board.

How important is this little guy? Should I be concerned about driving the car for the time being?

It's a 30 dollar part where the nipple broke off, but will probably require a coolant flush to replace.. ugh

Pic of line:

Really frustrating how much plastic is used on the cooling system.

Thanks guys
      02-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #2
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
I'd personally avoid driving around until you have that fixed. You shouldn't lose very much coolant when you swap out that connector either, although it would still be smart to bleed the system (takes 15 mins and is all automated- search 335i coolant bleed). While you're in there, replace the tiny hose while you're at it. That piece is even MORE brittle if it hasn't been replaced.
Appreciate 0