E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > No vtg communication, awd, abs, cruise control

02-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
bdono427
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

No vtg communication, awd, abs, cruise control

having an ongoing problem with my awd system after swapping my blown engine. First thing that happened was i blew the motor, swapped a junkyard motor in without any issues. Left the key on at one point and killed the battery, which was already on its way out so i just bought a new battery and threw that in. when swapping the motor i pulled the trans out and changed all fluids (transfer case, diff, trans) while in the trunk i noticed that a whole gallon of car wash soap had leaked, not sure if this fried a module possibly? With the motor and trans out i installed a spec clutch, so when beading the fluid level may have gotten a little low and damaged the pump? A friend of mine has a shop and i had him plug into the car because i read that the transfer case needed to be reset after a fluid change but there is a fault when trying to connect to the vtg module. I dont think this is a bad wheel speed sensor. There is so many things to take into consideration its very hard to pinpoint what cased the problem, any insight is appreciated
e92 335xi
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
bdono427
Rep

anybody ever see anything similar to this?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Do you have road speed? What about your gas gauge?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
bdono427
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
Do you have road speed? What about your gas gauge?
yes i do, ive tested all wheel speed sensors so it isnt that.
Appreciate 0