Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Steering Vibration Problem?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
DNBJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 AW 335i

Steering Vibration Problem?

After I changed my wheels(RSGT 19") , I feel a lot more vibration on +60mph.

Actually, one of my tires is used (70% left) and another three are

new. Should I change the used tire? or Should I rebalance them????

I think I don't need alignment until I lower my car.

Any recommend tire pressure for 19x8.5 235/35/19, 19x9.5 265/30/19????
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
MarioKart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black on Black

I had a similar problem, I had my two front wheels balanced 3 different times in 3 days by 3 different shops. Finally the 4th time I had it done by Supreme Power Parts and they used a Hunter balancer that puts pressure on the tires as its being balanced. This balancer fixed the problem that no one else could. Try and find a good shop with one of these great machines, I guess they cost a lot of $$$$ and thats why most shops don't use them. Since your are there get all four wheels done.
BTW alignment won't help the shaking.
Mario
      04-19-2008, 04:36 AM   #3
npb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BS 335i

get it rebalanced. make sure that the rears are balanced with proper width measurements and make sure the fronts are re-measured for their width so that the balancer can calculate better.
      05-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

can anyone confirm that when shops use the Hunter machine to "road force" balance that the machine actually calculates the width of the wheels prior to setting the balance?

reason is because Discount Tire has already re-balanced my new tires/wheels more than two times. at one point their Hunter machine was acting up and they had to balance on the old machine - I am not 100% certain the balance they did is right.

so now I want to take it to the dealer for re-balance and alignment (pulls L/R some) so I want to make sure I mention this to the dealer...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
sounds like a balancing issue. goodluck with it man
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
MarioKart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_lap28 View Post
can anyone confirm that when shops use the Hunter machine to "road force" balance that the machine actually calculates the width of the wheels prior to setting the balance?

reason is because Discount Tire has already re-balanced my new tires/wheels more than two times. at one point their Hunter machine was acting up and they had to balance on the old machine - I am not 100% certain the balance they did is right.

so now I want to take it to the dealer for re-balance and alignment (pulls L/R some) so I want to make sure I mention this to the dealer...
Discount tires did my wheels several times and couldn't get them to stop shaking even though they balanced to ZERO on their machine. I know Big Brand uses a Hunter.