E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede ... help... limp mode

04-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
andyc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i White

Procede ... help... limp mode

I just installed my Procede V1 with V2 harness today. There was no problem in the installation, no warnings at all in the instrument panel at all.

Then when I took the car out for it testing runs, I was getting what I presume was limp mode. (I apologize, but I am very new to the Procede)
Indicator: Yellow , engine not a full power (reference: BMW Owners manual). I also had no power, so pout two and two together.. hehe

Need your help; here are my details:

2007 e92 Coupe 335i - Manual Transmission running Shell 93
ITG Filter
Procede V1 with V2 Harness ( 'procede v1 with v2 into my car, which was completely stock, no previous installation' FRESH installed today. The procede unit had the v1 firmware, but I followed instructions and unhooked my battery durring the wiring harness installation)
Successfully update firmware using :

Firmware : pro01v03beta1-1.bin
Procede user software displaying:
Under the COMMS ---> Firmware info menu:

Firmware series No 103 Version info 201

Map loaded: v2.0.2 2-26 Speed Limit MT.pcd

Testing phase had one issue.

During the 3rd gear pull from 2,500rpm to FOT, limp mode kicks in. Pulled car to the side, used C-Reader without any success. (only thing it displayed was launch 12345)

Truned off and restarted vehicle, limp mode is gone.

Repeated the 3rd gear pull. Limp mode returns.

Please help.

Thanks
--
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Did you purchase the PROcede used or through us? If through us, you shouldn't have had to do any software/firmware updating. If you purposed it used, we need to go over a few things to make sure there is no hardware issues. If you fill out a tech request form from our website, one of us will give you a call tomorrow and go over your installation with you, bit by bit. We've seen it all so it should be easy to get it sorted out.

The first thing we will need to know is if your car runs fine with the bypass plugs in. You might want to try that out tonight. The results will pretty much tell us if the problem is with the wiring or the programming/updating.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
andyc
Private
United_States
Rep

thanks shiv I'm going to run the car with the bypass plug tomorrow when early morning and will contact you with the result. Thanks so much for getting back to me in such a promptly manner

Much appreciated mate
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
andyc
Private
United_States
Rep

hey SHIV,

Bypass plug instlled... car has been running really good . no problems. Where do we go from here please?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Already responded to you via PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
andyc
Private
United_States
Rep

shiv and the people at vishnu have been very helpful.. got my ecu al sorted out.. and my car is now in perfect working condition and more.. hehe... customer service at vishnu was really good, i dont know why some people here complain about it..

all i have to say is...

shiv dustin and people at vishnu, THANKS...., now i'm going to be bugging you guys bout v3.. hehe
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
shiv and the people at vishnu have been very helpful..customer service at vishnu was really good, i dont know why some people here complain about it..
+1 same experience here. There are a few vocal people who had bad experiences, but compared to the number of PROcedes in the field, that number is statistically insigificant (although they will vehemently say otherwise). Especially for a tune which is so sensitive to people following the installation directions - simple for some, nearly impossible for others.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
thanks for the kind words guys
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #9
BmwFanFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 - 335i - Cobb stg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned335i View Post
+1 same experience here. There are a few vocal people who had bad experiences, but compared to the number of PROcedes in the field, that number is statistically insigificant (although they will vehemently say otherwise). Especially for a tune which is so sensitive to people following the installation directions - simple for some, nearly impossible for others.
Just to be picky, statistical significance indicates whether the rate of such issues can be reasonably used to predict the future. It has nothing to do with whether the rate of problem experiences is "significant" from a buyer/users's perspective.

In fact, not having a statistically significant rate of error/problem information would imply more risk to future buyers, not less.

Though I haven't seen claims of failure rate analysis, I assume it IS statistically significant. However, I also presume it is a very low rate of issues that are always promptly dealt with (based on conversations here -- that would be my supposition without formal data).

Of course, data on this forum would need extensive work to use in any real study, as the user base here is not likely a representative sample of the larger mod community for these vehicles.

Still unmodded, I remapped my accelerator foot to use more of the power, more of the time, rather than increasing the top line hp/tq and using a smaller percentage most of the time....
Appreciate 0