E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > What to do with suspention

01-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
battlehawk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335 XI

What to do with suspention

Hey Folks,

Some back story....
It's been a while since I have been on here.(glad to be back) I recently inherited/got back a E90 2007 335xi 6 speed from my younger bother. I originally gave the car to him a few years ago. Unfortunately he passed away a few weeks ago and I am the only one in the family that drives stick...

Anyway since I don't have the heart to get rid of the car any time soon and I know him and I were planning some major refresh of the suspension work. Just not sure what bits and pieces I maybe missing so I can finish what we started.

Car has about 143k Miles. Currently I know he was planning on doing KW V1 and UUC Sway bars. He had talked about either replacing the front bushing to the strong flex ones or just throwing new oe arms and what ever needed to be replaced. The rear he was talking about doing an M3 rear arms and bushings.

My questions are as follows

For the front suspension components am I missing anything ?

For the rear. My understanding the m3 components bolt right up? are there better alternative then the M3 bits ?

I did my search and continuing to do so. This is mainly to help me get started and do all the work in one shot

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 355

First off, sorry to hear about your brother. Thats tough. I lost my only brother when I was in 8th grade. Still hurts.

As far as parts, are you planning on tracking the car? If not I wouldnt do coilovers just good shocks and springs. Some people like the thrust arm inserts, I went to monoballs and love them but they are a bit expensive. I would do a front UUC sway bar, Im personally still on the fence about the rear in a non-track, daily driver only situation. M3 rear components are very good, go with them if you can find a good price.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #3
battlehawk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
First off, sorry to hear about your brother. Thats tough. I lost my only brother when I was in 8th grade. Still hurts.

As far as parts, are you planning on tracking the car? If not I wouldnt do coilovers just good shocks and springs. Some people like the thrust arm inserts, I went to monoballs and love them but they are a bit expensive. I would do a front UUC sway bar, Im personally still on the fence about the rear in a non-track, daily driver only situation. M3 rear components are very good, go with them if you can find a good price.
Thank you. Not easy for anyone.
Since this is going to be a dd eventually (once I know it wont break down on me). I looked at the Monoballs but for 300 ish I don't if I was quite willing to pay the price of them... I already have the kw V1 sitting on the shelf and can not find who he purchased them from to return them. I'm pretty set on keeping them. Drove a buddies xi for a few days who had them installed
Appreciate 0