F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Hand car wash/detailer sydney
Extreme Powerhouse

01-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
motlking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hand car wash/detailer sydney

Hi all,

Any recommendations on a place to get a proper hand car wash in Sydney? e.g. uses 2 bucket method/won't swirl or scratch up my paint. No Crystal Car Wash etc.

Normally would do it myself but I'm very time poor at the moment.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
misguided_will
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M Sport

i think you'll get swirls regardless from a handwash place as they do not rinse their sponges/clothes and go over all panels with the same sponge.

i.e. they'll go over the lower parts of your car where there is coarse debris, grit etc, then go over your bonnet etc thus leaving scratches.

if you love your car, i'd make time to wash it yourself.
      01-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
mjomaa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M sport F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguided_will View Post
i think you'll get swirls regardless from a handwash place as they do not rinse their sponges/clothes and go over all panels with the same sponge.

i.e. they'll go over the lower parts of your car where there is coarse debris, grit etc, then go over your bonnet etc thus leaving scratches.

if you love your car, i'd make time to wash it yourself.
This.

I take the work ute around Sydney carwashes to see who I could trust with my car, and also because i ceebs washing it myself, and unfortunately ive found they're all equally shit. Unless you pay the premium for a detailer (which is ridiculous for a maintenance wash), youre guaranteed carelessness from the hand wash places.

My car hasn't been washed for two weeks now, though thats the sacrifice I choose to make to avoid taking it to the carwash.
      01-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
motlking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

So no detailers that offer a maintenance wash? I know there are a few in melbourne
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #5
BaxterF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY16 F30 330i Sportline

Try Diamond Detailing...they operate a mobile service. The company i work for has used them for our small car fleet, we've never had any issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
misguided_will
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M Sport

i think if you're taking your car to a carwash, be prepared to spend time/money removing swirls. that said, if you have a DA tool, it will only take you maybe 2hrs, a bit of polish and microfibre towls to get the job done. it will make a massive difference and only needs to be done every 6 months maybe?

since you have a white car though, swirls might not be as apparent so perhaps you can get away with carwashs and for a while longer too if you're busy.

have you considered the laserwash carwash? apparently touchless but i assume isn't for heavily soiled cars.