E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Replacing Lower Radiator Hose

01-14-2017, 04:10 AM   #1
RevALot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Replacing Lower Radiator Hose

Greetings:

I have a 2007 335i E90 6-Speed. I've replaced the Expansion tank, the Upper Radiator hose, and a cheap straw-thin plastic venting line at the top of the radiator. I suspect the lower-radiator hose is going to fail soon, so I'm going to replace that before it fails.

Is there anything else I need to replace when replacing the lower-radiator hose? I recall reading in a thread a while back that (either) the Thermostat or the Thermostat housing was prone to failure when replacing the lower-radiator hose, but I can't locate that thread/post. I wanted to replace those just in case they break when the work is being done.

In summary, I want to install my new CSF radiator, the lower-radiator hose, and the Thermostat and/or Thermostat housing, if necessary, and need to know if I should just go ahead and replace the Thermostat and Thermostat housing while installing my CSF Radiator.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

The lower rad hose was difficult to get off on my car but shy of that not a big deal. If you pull your FMIC there is plenty of room to just replace the hose. I didn't touch my waterpump or thermostat at the time since they were fairly recent.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
RevALot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
The lower rad hose was difficult to get off on my car but shy of that not a big deal. If you pull your FMIC there is plenty of room to just replace the hose. I didn't touch my waterpump or thermostat at the time since they were fairly recent.

Chris
Thanks for the advice, Chris. I may replace the lower radiator hose, thermostat, and thermostat housing in addition to the radiator, just so I don't have to go digging around the inside of the car again.

I don't want to put too much more money into this car, as it has 167k miles on it. Already spent 3k on a clutch/flywheel/install at the dealership and blue-book value is around 4k. May go with a CPO Cayman, or a 2017 Mustang GT, and start dumping money into that...
Appreciate 0