THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications BMS exhaust tips + M Performance diffuser

01-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
MichalM240i
First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M8

BMS exhaust tips + M Performance diffuser

Hey guys,

I'm currently planning on upgrading my rear-end look.
AutoPlus diffuser and M performance diffuser are in game. Honestly, don't want to go OEM M Performance exhaust tips and would like to have BMS ones.
Is possible to use them with M Performance diffuser with stock muffler? Will they stick out enough?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
N55guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Garage List
2014 BMW m235i  [0.00]
I was just talking to a friend of mine about this. My original plan was m performance diffuser with stock exhaust and BMS tips. My friend already had the BMS tips and I noticed they stick out further then the stock tips... when I put the diffuser on the stock tips were 1.5-2 inches short of being flush with the diffuser. The BMS tips looked like they stuck out 2 inches further then the stock ones so I thought it would be a perfect combo, but then I heard the fabspeed muffler bypass.

A few days later I found a pretty good deal on it and bought it so I never found out how it actually fit, I think my friend might try that combo though. I'll post pics on here if he goes that route, might be a few weeks though. But like I said I really think it'd be a good combo.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
MichalM240i
First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55guy View Post
I was just talking to a friend of mine about this. My original plan was m performance diffuser with stock exhaust and BMS tips. My friend already had the BMS tips and I noticed they stick out further then the stock tips... when I put the diffuser on the stock tips were 1.5-2 inches short of being flush with the diffuser. The BMS tips looked like they stuck out 2 inches further then the stock ones so I thought it would be a perfect combo, but then I heard the fabspeed muffler bypass.

A few days later I found a pretty good deal on it and bought it so I never found out how it actually fit, I think my friend might try that combo though. I'll post pics on here if he goes that route, might be a few weeks though. But like I said I really think it'd be a good combo.
Thanks!
Do you actually think BMW zips are that much longer?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
N55guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Garage List
2014 BMW m235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalM240i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55guy View Post

Thanks!
Do you actually think BMW zips are that much longer?
The m performance diffuser was designed to be used with the m performance exhaust. Yes THAT exhaust with tips stocks out much further then stock but the stock exhaust is short. Here's a pic... stock exhaust with m performance diffuser....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

The BMS tips are not long enough for the MPerf diffuser IMO. You can pull it off with other CF diffusers but the MPerf diffuser sticks out more than any other diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
MichalM240i
First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazee 1 View Post
The BMS tips are not long enough for the MPerf diffuser IMO. You can pull it off with other CF diffusers but the MPerf diffuser sticks out more than any other diffuser.
Oh cool thanks.
Don't you have the length difference sonewhere? Between BMS and stock tips?
Appreciate 0