ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

How to install Supersprint Race Cans?

Okay- I am thinking when I decide to buy my exhaust I can do this myself since I am not doing xpipe or downpipe, etc...

I assumed the SS exhaust would have a flange that bolts up to the stock Xpipe but when I look at this picture it looks like straight tubing which would require a muffler to fab something up which adds to the cost.

Can someone tell me if this picture is correct or not? Also verify if it is a simple bolt up job

Thanks-

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

burt its a simple bolt on. Those flanges are put into the exisiting brackets. Its kind of difficult to explan but when you get underneath the car and unbolt the stock exhaust its easy after that. I helped install my friends SS race on his E46 M3 (very similar) and it took us a little over 3 hours. The hardest part on those cars is getting to the bracket closest to the bumper. But for our cars im sure its much easier.

So your not waiting for the fast intentions? If so im going to go ahead and order remus......................finally
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
Okay- I am thinking when I decide to buy my exhaust I can do this myself since I am not doing xpipe or downpipe, etc...

I assumed the SS exhaust would have a flange that bolts up to the stock Xpipe but when I look at this picture it looks like straight tubing which would require a muffler to fab something up which adds to the cost.

Can someone tell me if this picture is correct or not? Also verify if it is a simple bolt up job

Thanks-
It's shipped with the flange to bolt up to the OE x-pipe.
The flange is clamped onto the muffler.

It's made like this because the muffler clamps directly to the Supersprint X-pipe w/o a flange.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
burt its a simple bolt on. Those flanges are put into the exisiting brackets. Its kind of difficult to explan but when you get underneath the car and unbolt the stock exhaust its easy after that. I helped install my friends SS race on his E46 M3 (very similar) and it took us a little over 3 hours. The hardest part on those cars is getting to the bracket closest to the bumper. But for our cars im sure its much easier.

So your not waiting for the fast intentions? If so im going to go ahead and order remus......................finally

No- I am still waiting but trying to line up alternatives if something does not pan out in the next week or two. If we can get someone to leave their car at Fast Intentions for a few days to get the Jig built, I am pretty certain their will be a ton more FI exhausts on the road than than anything else. Price, sound, qualty- it is an easy equation assuming I can wait.
Appreciate 0