E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FT: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero. (Kind-of-Cool!)

12-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
AdrenalineJunky19
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Wink FT: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero. (Kind-of-Cool!)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Pushing around 450 hp/530lbtq

Yes, this is a Saab. This is my daily driver and have very much enjoyed the car. I am looking for anyone who is interested in trading. I will add cash on top as well, if needed. Has a large service history and maint. history and has a large list of performance upgrades. Car was built and maintained by/at Foreign Exchange, a specialized SAAB shop in Moraine, Oh. All the modifications have been installed and performed @ 98k miles or later by SAAB Master Certified ASE Technician. Car is extremely reliable. Oil was changed every 3k-4k miles (full synthetic). Oil, clutch fluid change, brake fluid change, was always done before a handful number of longer duration trips (7+ hours) such as Clearwater (twice), Savannah, Ga, and Chicago, with no issues what so ever. I will deliver you the car as I would like to drive it one last time, if anyone wants to make a deal. Clean title, In-Hand.

The wide-body rear was done to repair a crack in the passenger quarter before it started to expand. Rear flares are from a very reputable company, Clinched Flares. They are the 10mm "New School" style. Before putting them onto the car, the flares were cut and re-molded to match the body lines of the car. There are no empty spots between the body and the flare. There were no shortcuts taken. The flares were also professionally paint-matched. The fronts were going to be done w/ 7mm flares, but I have not had time to do it as law school has taken up all of my time. The car will be finished by June if it isn't traded or picked up.

On November 9th, 2016, I had a blown head gasket and a timing chain guide broke. The car was shut off immediately upon hearing the guide and flatbed towed to Foreign Exchange. Have the estimate for diagnosis as well, in case anyone wants to make sure there were no other major issues before deciding to do a rebuild.

The car was trailer'd to Chicago to be rebuilt by one of the most recommended saab enthusiasts. You can verify this by joining the saab forums. If you would like pictures, invoice, part numbers, etc., can be provided. All documented. During this job, the following was replaced with brand new parts:

1-Rear Chain
1-Rear Chain Tensioner
2-Rear Guide

1-Front chain
1-Front chain tensioner
2-Front chain guide

1-Bottom chain
2-Bottom chain guide
1-Bottom chain tensioner

2-Exhaust gasket
1-Bottom intake manifold gasket
2-Top intake manifold gasket
1-Throttle body gasket
1-Front cylinder head gasket
1-Rear cylinder head gasket
1-Front valve cover gasket
1-Rear valve cover gasket

APR Head Bolt Stud Kit
Cylinder Block Gasket Kit (rear main seal, front main seal, oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler o-rings, water pump gaskets, thermostat gasket)

2-Outside front axle boots
2-Transmission axle seals

Tuner recommended gapped spark plugs/ignition coils (6)

Do88 Hose Kits

Transmission - Royal Purple
Engine - 0w40 Mobile1 Oil (as used in usual oil changes)

Clutch Slave Cylinder/TOB

Ported/Polished manifold

Description:

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero (2.8T V6)
131,xxx (motor rebuild is less than 500 miles old/1 week old (drove back to Ohio from Chicago). Car is ready to last forever while at being at full potential as a daily. Will also have an extra fuel pump thrown in that i have laying around. Around $24k to have the car sitting where it's at (not including the rebuild and necessary general maintenance). Car is really nice on the inside. Very comfortable. Not rushed at all to get rid of. I got rid of my S5 to go back to school and took on this, so if I keep this until the summer; then I'll daily it until I sell to use as a down payment to jump back into something like a R35. Always loved the n54 platform power output and just enjoy the look of the car. All offers welcome. Admin please delete if not allowed!!!!

NO LEAKS, MISFIRES, ETC.

Perfect mechanically.

Cons:

Driver side rear flare has a 2 inch straight line looking holy (not noticeable honestly unless going up to it, but you can tell what it is from). 275 tire rubbed too much.

Few rock chips but it is a daily driven car that sees a lot of highway.

6 speed

Mods:

650cc bosch injectors

22t turbo upgrade

Stage 5 JZW E85 tune
(Can have the car tuned back to 93 if you would like) (will provide both files so you can swap the tune out yourself whenever)

stage 3+ spec clutch and pressure plate
dual mass flywheel

catless downpipe

custom stainless straight pipe exhaust

custom built by forge of UK intercooler

open intake

secondary air intake delete

cosworth racing coolant tank

front strut brace

Megan race coil over suspension

Forgeline GW3P
Three-Piece Forged Wheels (-$6k)