F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Sport (B58)
ARMA SPEED

11-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Sport (B58)

Name:  B58_HeaderSmall.jpg
Views: 6508
Size:  247.4 KB

DINANTRONICS Sport For the BMW B58 Engines

Just in time for Black Friday shopping Dinan is releasing a wide array of new products within the DINANTRONICS Sport lineup. From the much anticipated starter tune for the BMW B58 engine (340i) to the BMW M57, N57, and N47 engines (BMW Diesels) the tune lineup for current generation BMW's has never been so comprehensive.

For those of you waiting for the full DINANTRONICS Elite tune, it is also near completion with a public release date later in Q1 2017 so your wait is coming to a close as well.

Part Number: D440-0047
Applications: 2017 F22 M240i Coupe, 2017 F23 M240i Convertible, 2016-17 F30 340i Sedan, 2017 F34 340i GT, 2017 F32 440i Coupe, 2017 F33 440i Convertible, 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe
Product Page / Pricing: http://www.dinancars.com/product/d44...?series=&mid=/
Release Date: January 31st, 2017.

Description: DINANTRONICS Sport is the boost controller for the masses. Its simple design/execution allows for easy installation/removal that can be performed in a blink of an eye and yields results you will be sure to feel, and enjoy, from the get go. Coupled with Bluetooth capabilities right out of the box that allows for user controlled adjustability and a live boost monitor to keep track of the action its a value proposition that is unequaled in the marketplace.

DINANTRONICS Sport plugs into two sensors which lends itself to a very quick and and discrete installation, or removal, should the need arise. Not only does this connection method offer a simplified install but also effectively utilizes the factory DME, in tandem with itself, in order to re-map boost, fueling, and timing for optimal performance. Once installed DINANTRONICS Sport enjoys connectivity to various smartphone devices courtesy of its built-in Bluetooth Smart system. From the free app one has the freedom to reduce stock boost for valet duties or crank up the boost all the way up to the "race" setting for maximum enjoyment... or anywhere in between. Regardless of what setting is chosen there is a power level for everyone. Also within the app the end user has access to a live boost monitor which streams boost data in real time to the phone very similar in appearance to the sport gauges on the iDrive. Not only will you be able to feel the difference but now you can see it as well!

Benefits of the DINANTRONICS Sport Performance Tuner for BMW B58 Engines:
  • Up to +40 HP and +50 lb-ft
  • Bluetooth smart (Android and iOS Compatible)
  • Live boost monitor
  • Multiple power settings to choose from (Sport, Sport+, and Race). Units ship pre-set to the Sport + setting.
  • Valet / parental control modes (-3 PSI)
  • Quick, easy, and discrete installation
  • CARB EO submitted and approval is pending.
  • 14 day satisfaction guarantee
  • 1 year product warranty (does not include consequential damages or labor costs)

For a full breakdown of the various tuning options within the tiered DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner lineup please visit our comparison page, HERE, to understand which step in the 'evolution of power' is right for you.

EMISSIONS: CARB EO submitted and approval is pending.

WARRANTY: DINANTRONICS Sport does not carry the factory matching warranty that Dinan is known for. DINANTRONICS Sport's warranty is a 1 year product only warranty that does not cover consequential damages or labor reimbursement.

DINANTRONICS Sport Performance Tuner for the BMW B58 Engines POWER CHART

Part Number: D440-0047
Retail Price: Consult Website
Install Time: 0.25 hrs
Max Gains (Sport+ Setting): +40 HP / +50 lb-ft TRQ

Name:  B58_PowerChart.jpg
Views: 6072
Size:  208.8 KB

Last edited by Dinan_Engineering; 01-31-2017 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
mwh2009289.00
      11-24-2016, 01:50 AM   #2
kriszty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 M240ix pureturbo800 dorch1

Looks nice,

but what is the difference with the JB4 ?

greetings
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
daveyfx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszty View Post
Looks nice,

but what is the difference with the JB4 ?

greetings
The JB4 is definitely a more complete tuning solution, as it is a piggy-back unit that taps multiple sensors, as well as the CAN bus.

Dinantonics Sport's closest competitor is the JB+
Dinantronics Elite's closest competitor is the JB4

Speaking of that... when is the Dinantronic Elite expected to be released?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few...

Yeah for 3x the money of a JB4 which is a proven solution with tons of post purchase support. Dinan better offer some unique features or why bother. I don't understand going to market with non innovative product at an exponentially higher price.

Planned failure....
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Not sure where you are getting 3x the price of JB4. The link above lists it at $299, which is about 60% of the cost of the JB4....
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
daveyfx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
Yeah for 3x the money of a JB4 which is a proven solution with tons of post purchase support. Dinan better offer some unique features or why bother. I don't understand going to market with non innovative product at an exponentially higher price.

Planned failure....
I can see the appeal of the Dinantronics Elite. Dinan will factory match your warranty, which for some people is worth the peace of mind. Dinan also seems to market "staged" power packages with specific parts (their own) in mind, whereas Burger's JB4 may be something more mix-and-match friendly. They certainly don't engineer all the hard parts that Dinan does, so selling staged power upgrades wouldn't benefit their bottom line.

On a technical scale, I have no idea which tuner (Elite vs JB4) is truly the better platform. Probably something for the engineers to argue about.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
Put it in the newsletter release but not the forum release... figures. Updated the above post to include that tidbit (also listed below) as well as fixed an error in the graph (graph itself was right but the numbers on the top were wrong).

For those of you waiting for the full DINANTRONICS Elite tune, it is also near completion with a public release date later in Q1 2017 so your wait is coming to a close as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #8
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Not sure where you are getting 3x the price of JB4. The link above lists it at $299, which is about 60% of the cost of the JB4....
Dinantronics Sport compares to JB+

Dinantronics Elite compares to JB4

Dinantronics elite for N55 prices around 1500

Which...

..is roughly 3x JB4... tadaaa
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #9
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Planned failure....
I can see the appeal of the Dinantronics Elite. Dinan will factory match your warranty, which for some people is worth the peace of mind. Dinan also seems to market "staged" power packages with specific parts (their own) in mind, whereas Burger's JB4 may be something more mix-and-match friendly. They certainly don't engineer all the hard parts that Dinan does, so selling staged power upgrades wouldn't benefit their bottom line.

On a technical scale, I have no idea which tuner (Elite vs JB4) is truly the better platform. Probably something for the engineers to argue about.
I get that appeal. It will certainly attract a certain type of buyer. I just haven't been that impressed with some of their offerings. Their hardware (exhausts) are far from the nicest looking with bird clat looking welds and unpolished cans, and for the b58 don't even retain factory valve systems...it's bit disappointing and makes no sense to me. I mean, Dinan has been around for decades. I remember having Dinan parts on your car was all the rage. It just feels like they've been laggards in the market and when they do arrive it's regurgitated stuff someone else came out with a while ago for a hefty premium.

In fairness I loved their intake in my E90M3, superb fit and quality. Their EDC programming for the F30 is cool too. ðŸ‘ðŸ½

This new "Sport" offering is ok, for 299 it's a good option. It's the Elite that if priced similar to the N55 version is a little unreasonable imo. This is just feedback...after all that's what these forums are for.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #10
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Quote:
I get that appeal. It will certainly attract a certain type of buyer. I just haven't been that impressed with some of their offerings. Their hardware (exhausts) are far from the nicest looking with bird clat looking welds and unpolished cans, and for the b58 don't even retain factory valve systems...it's bit disappointing and makes no sense to me. I mean, Dinan has been around for decades. I remember having Dinan parts on your car was all the rage. It just feels like they've been laggards in the market and when they do arrive it's regurgitated stuff someone else came out with a while ago for a hefty premium.

In fairness I loved their intake in my E90M3, superb fit and quality. Their EDC programming for the F30 is cool too. ðŸ‘ðŸ½

This new "Sport" offering is ok, for 299 it's a good option. It's the Elite that if priced similar to the N55 version is a little unreasonable imo. This is just feedback...after all that's what these forums are for.
Dinan is for brand whores, JB4 is for tinkerers. I've taken both routes with various cars at different stages in my life so it's nice to have options. There is no jb+ for the B58 currently so hard to complain about this offering IMO.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 01:17 AM   #11
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
Quote:

Dinan is for brand whores, JB4 is for tinkerers. I've taken both routes with various cars at different stages in my life so it's nice to have options. There is no jb+ for the B58 currently so hard to complain about this offering IMO.
Here in California I would pay extra for the smog legal product. It's personal value really, as the owner of a BMW I'm not really looking for the least expensive products nor the ones that will wring out the engine to max - that's just me. I also appreciate that Dinan doesn't rush engine tuning products into market and takes their time. Having worked on hardware in tech it doesn't give me peace of mind seeing JB4 rushed to market ASAP when a new engine comes out. Whether or not it's true, I question the quality. Especially with all these "you need to run logs to see what's wrong and post to get help" threads.

That's just my 2¢, I definitely don't want to hate on JB4 it's a serious tuning device. It's just not for me
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 4
eluded3005.00
oolas3388.00
Taskmaster2465.00
      12-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #12
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Put it in the newsletter release but not the forum release... figures. Updated the above post to include that tidbit (also listed below) as well as fixed an error in the graph (graph itself was right but the numbers on the top were wrong).

Does this mean that the Elite product will start selling at that time or just announced for pre-order like this
BMW CCA Member #516012
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Does this mean that the Elite product will start selling at that time or just announced for pre-order like this
In theory, selling/shipping, still quite a bunch of time for problems to occur though. =)

The only reason we did such an early pre-order on this one was so it could be included in the black Friday / cyber Monday sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #14
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
In theory, selling/shipping, still quite a bunch of time for problems to occur though. =)

The only reason we did such an early pre-order on this one was so it could be included in the black Friday / cyber Monday sale.
That's great. Should be a nice little product!
BMW CCA Member #516012
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #15
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

If someone could make me feel better about the non-warranty on my car

Clearly - no one who buys a 340i is really worried about whether or not the $300 plug-n-play component has a warranty.

We're ALL concerned about the potential damage and voided warranty on the $60k car we're plugging the $300 device into.

Just wish there was something warranty-wise on the car itself for a few months to make sure that I'm not going to grenade my engine in the first week or two. I feel like after that I could get comfortable with it.

I think that makes more sense than no warranty whatsoever?

EDIT: Also to be clear - I'm still thinking about it. But the warranty is what's holding me back.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #16
HitmanHearns
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' Infiniti Q50 / 16' Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
Clearly - no one who buys a 340i is really worried about whether or not the $300 plug-n-play component has a warranty.

We're ALL concerned about the potential damage and voided warranty on the $60k car we're plugging the $300 device into.

Just wish there was something warranty-wise on the car itself for a few months to make sure that I'm not going to grenade my engine in the first week or two. I feel like after that I could get comfortable with it.

EDIT: Also to be clear - I'm still thinking about it. But the warranty is what's holding me back.
Just get a JB4 and call it a day. Good customer support and it's not a overly aggressive tune/piggybank. I think it's + 3-4psi over stock
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 05:32 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The elite variant (the full warrantied option) will be forthcoming in Q1 2017 if you wanted to wait for that and not worry about the warranty dilemma. Options are forthcoming...
Appreciate 2
mwh2009289.00
Beek707.00
      12-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #18
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Quote:

The elite variant (the full warrantied option) will be forthcoming in Q1 2017 if you wanted to wait for that and not worry about the warranty dilemma. Options are forthcoming...
Good to know! I'll be waiting!
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #19
riskmaker76
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440 xi MPPSK JB4

Is this compatible if the car has MPPSK installed?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskmaker76 View Post
Is this compatible if the car has MPPSK installed?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #21
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
Yes.
Any numbers? I'd probably wait for the Elite anyway assuming that is also compatible but still curious.
      12-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Any numbers? I'd probably wait for the Elite anyway assuming that is also compatible but still curious.
Be the same delta as a non-MPPSK. Simply stacks on top of the ECU tune.
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00