THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Weisslicht Spektrum Turn Signal Bulbs (Short review & install instructions.))

11-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Weisslicht Spektrum Turn Signal Bulbs (Short review & install instructions.))

Bought the set of WeissLicht Spektrum turn signal bulbs.

I feel pretty lame even saying I swapped out incandescent for LEDs... I feel very JDM. But you know what? They look great.

Quality - very nicely made. 4 of 5.
Why 4? The bulbs are looser in the socket vs stock incandescent. I had to use a small piece of cardboard as a shim to tighten that up a bit. No big deal, but still... $100 a pair, should fit as well as stock.

Error free? You bet! No error messages in the car, and I coded off the bulb check so no flickering. I coded first, then installed the bulbs so I can't tell you if the coding is required to prevent flickering. I don't feel like coding again just to check. (I'm busy driving my car & changing lanes & making turns unnecessarily so I can show off my snazzy LED bulbs.)

Flash rate is the same as stock bulbs (not fast, as if the bulb was out).

I'll be doing the brake lights, reverse lights sometime soon now. Like these enough & I trust their quality that I am willing to pay the premium price. Wanted to start with just the turn signals for now.

HOW TO INSTALL:

You have to remove the tail light assembly. There are two notched "doors" on the assemblies on the inside edge of each of the housings... Open your trunk & look at the tail light housing & you will readily see these. Pop those open with a screwdriver (they open - they do not come off).

There are two nuts behind those "doors" - remove them. The housing pulls right out. There is a grip on the side of the housing to help you take them out. Use your hand flat on the outside of the housing to grip that side & pull. It pops out.

Once they are out, you need to remove the light gray back panel. It's held in place with notched tabs that connect to little locking tabs. Bend them out & pop the tabs out of the notch. There are 7 or 8 of them.

Once they're all loose - the gray back panel comes right off. Replace your bulbs, put the thing back together, install it & revel in your magnificence.

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0