E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mods and Service/Warranty

04-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

Mods and Service/Warranty

Hi Guys,

I posted about getting some mods for my brand new E92 335i and got some great responses so I thought I would ask another question:

What mods should you remove before service? Also, which mods shouldn't be installed on a leased vehicle?

Basically, I am leasing my car for 2 years...want to put on the Logic HVI and Borla (w/2nd Cat Delete so no cutting involved). I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have a prolem leaving these on the car when I take it in for service! Any advice?

Of course I would remove my SSTT, that's the obvious perk of that mod.

Also, would the Logic HVI or Borla pop up any annoying alerts or codes or whatever? Wouldn't go for that...

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Hmmm...ha ha ha....I'd be wearing a little flame suit just in case someone else is feeling rather annoyed when they read this thread.....

Basically (and you could search for the same response) though, for the mods you mentioned, the answer really is "it depends". It depends on the relationship you have with your service advisor - if its a good one (and of course nothing is wrong with the car ie. turbos), then leaving the exhaust and intake shouldn't matter. However, if you had a major service issue, I'd put everything back to stock, regardless of what relationship you have.

Neither mod should throw any codes that I'm aware of (the 2nd cat delete I'm not sure about, maybe an O2 sim required?), but hey, I haven't searched, just speaking from not having seen any troubles with those mods recently.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

Well, I haven't heard anything about the 2nd cat delete and an O2 sim needed...I think that was just with the DPs.

I understand that if something major happens where the car is dead..I should restore to stock before taking it in for a warranty service. I just wouldn't want to deal with it if I was just going in for the annual check up...

I am curious if I will get limp modes or a fuel pump failure...it would be annoying to have to take off the exhaust!

Anyone have experience with the Borla exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
SPDFAN
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Correct, no O2 sims are needed for 2nd cats delete because no sensors are placed in front or behind them.
Appreciate 0