F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > JB4 BT Module and App Issues
Extreme Powerhouse

11-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

JB4 BT Module and App Issues

I am hoping that another member has had the issues i am having and can offer some insight on a fix. My current setup is the JB4 on a 2014 335i RWD EWG.

The issue is, only a small handful of gauges on the app seems to be working. I see boost, ECU PSI, gps, map, and that's about it. I cannot seem to get anything else to work. I reached out to the app creator and he replied with some suggestions. Here is what I did last night:

- removed the BT module from the JB4, reinstalled it
- removed the JB4 mobile app, reinstalled it, clear cache, etc (I did this on two different devices, both android)
- updated the Jb4 firmware to N55_FSERIES_OBDII_EWG_9.HEX

I was able to fully connect the app to the JB4 and assume that the firmware was successfully updated as it took several minutes to complete. This morning, I successfully connected the app to the JB4, but am still having the same issues. I KNOW that the app is connected to the JB4 and is working because the GPS gauge works and the ECU PSI and boost gauge works. However, nothing else seems to be working. I clicked on "log" as I drove to work and the app produced a CSV file. This file though, is empty.

At this point, I am completed disenchanted and have no idea what is going on. I've completed the actions that were recommended but nothing.

Can anyone offer any insight? I am so frustrated and am worried that the map changing feature might not work either!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Sounds like a CANbus issue since engine speed, AFR, etc, come via CANbus. Verify the OBDII plug is in properly and that nothing else aftermarket like another gauge is installed. Then email BMS or post to n54tech for further assistance if you can't figure it out.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #3
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

Thanks Mike for the input. After receiving additional feedback from BMS and the creator of the JB4 BT app, I pulled off the OBDII connection from the JB4 and disconnected it from the OBDII port. I then reconnected all the items associated with the OBDII connection and all seems to be working ok now. I am able to pull a host of information from the CANBUS system now.

Again, thank you.
Appreciate 0