E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > FS 2006 E46 M3 Coupe Silvergrey/Black 6MT 43k miles Mint

10-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

FS 2006 E46 M3 Coupe Silvergrey/Black 6MT 43k miles Mint

It pains me to write this but it is time to put my favorite car up for sale. This is my 3rd E46 M3 that I’ve owned (only changed cars to upgrade to newer years/less miles) because I love the platform. However wanted to change things up and reduce the number of vehicles I have so it’s time to let her go as I already have my replacement vehicle (an e60 M-sport).

The M3 is a 2006 with only 43.5k miles and a 6 speed manual transmission. Clean carfax and it has never been in any accidents. I am the third owner and have owned it for a little over 2 years. The previous owner bought the car CPO and was in the military (hence registration history in various states). In addition, the car has actually had some time in Germany making it a bit more unique than your typical E46 M3 (Please see Circular German Registration Sticker and paper maintenance tags).

The car has always been garage kept and it shows. All window trims, seals and weather-stripping are original and in excellent shape. The car was only a fair-weather car and not driven in winters. Undercarriage is spotless and the car is mint overall, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves. The car had a clear bra on the front bumper, hood and fenders on the front. The front Bumper portion was removed due to a poor install but the bra did an excellent job at protecting the paint so the bumper looks great. The interior is one of the cleanest I have seen in any E46 in person and it still has traces of the new car smell. There is zero peeling, bubbling or scratches on the soft touch trim in the center console area. No drinks were allowed in the car (except bottled water) so the cup holder was replaced with a Euro Tray. I can swap the insert for a cupholder if the buyer desires. All fabric on all pillars is intact and not peeling. The Sunroof shade smoothly slides in and out.

The car was meticulously swapped from an SMG car during my ownership and the entire process was documented with photographs. In addition the VANOS was bulletproofed with a beisan disc along with a complete Inspection II including valve adjustment. I have over 300 photos documenting the entire swap and inspection II. Attention to detail was priority and I previously bought a full manual car to cover all aspects. No detail was skimped to make it a 6 speed, even the cluster overlay was changed and the intake manifold swapped to make it a true 6 speed. The entire car was coded and retuned to a manual and every single thing works as it should. There are no errors or check engine lights, PDC, Reverse mirror tilt and cruise control are all fully functional. I am working on getting the maintenance and swap pics onto an album viewable for all.

The car is all stock except for an original BMW performance shift lever and OEM F10 M5 Illuminated 6 speed knob (with the proper connector on the vehicle side). Coding was done to enable various functions available to European models. Car has M-track enabled (a ZCP option).

Recent Maintenance (500 miles or less):
Frequent Oil Changes Annual or 5k miles whatever came first (Refer to Valve train Photos)
Full Inspection II with about 500 miles on it, inlcluding:
Valve Adjustment
Valve Cover Gasket (OE BMW)
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Differential Input Shaft Seal (Had a slight weep)
Rear Main Seal (Preventive)
Engine Oil and Filter
Transmission Fluid
Differential Fluid
Cabin Air Filter
Brake fluid flush
Beisan Vanos Disc and updated Vanos Bolts to prevent any vanos issues.
Rear tires only have a couple thousand miles on them, about 85% left. Front Tires have 75% tread left. All suspension is nice and tight. Brakes are approximately 80% all around.

Subframe has been inspected with no issues. Diff and subframe bushings are still nice and tight. Late 2005 and 2006 Coupe models have a convertible subframe which has been shown to be more reinforced than the regular coupe one. I decided against foam reinforcement due to some peoples preference to have plates welded versus epoxy, but would happily work out a reinforcement (foam) for any buyer.

Year: 2006
Model: M3 Coupe
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
VIN: WBSBL93426PN64468
Options List:
403 Glass Roof, Electric
441 Smokers Package
459 Seat Adjustment, Electr. W. Memory
473 Armrest, Front
490 Seat Back Width Adjustment
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
508 Park Distance Control (pdc)
521 Rain Sensor
522 Bi-Xenon Lights
639 Complete Prep. Cellular Phone Usa/cdn
650 Cd Playe
674 Hifi Loudspeaker System Harman Kardon
692 Cd Changer I-bus Preparation
737 Interior Trim Alu Shadow, Brushed

Asking price: $33.5k based on vehicles in similar condition, mileage, and year.

I am located in central NJ and am open to shipping but funds must be paid in full and cleared prior to releasing the car. The car does have a lien which I can fully cover once a potential buyer leaves a deposit to show they are serious.

Yes I know in 5-10 years I will be kicking myself for letting this go, but at this point in time this is simply the choice I have to make. At the same time I am not desperate to sell so I will not respond to any low ball attempts. Please keep all pricing discussion to Private messages. I can also be reached via email at pat.zimny (at) gmail (dot) com

No test drives/joy rides without intent to buy the car due to the rarity of an E46 under 45k miles and this condition.

There are some members that know me and the vehicle personally that I’m sure would happily vouch for the car and condition.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited by 328i; 10-29-2016 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
328i
Colonel
Rep

Interior Photos:

10-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
328i
Colonel
Rep