GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

08-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
___
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Nino @ Umbra

Chicago peeps,

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to Nino, the owner of and main operator at Umbra.

He runs what is already known to those-in-the-know to be the best tint shop in the Chicago area, so naturally I took my brand new M3 to him for my 35% all-around tint.

Sh*t happened, as it does. A door was scuffed - a minor scuff mind you, but still it hurt, especially less than 24 hours after delivery. I was upset, but probably not as much as Nino was. But then...

But then here's the point of this story: never have I received such outstanding customer service. I won't share the details of how Nino made it right, but he went over and beyond in ways that speak volumes to what a stand-up guy he is. Truly he turned this around to the point where I almost felt bad he was doing so much.

I share this because I believe the unfortunate mishap could have happened at any shop; I don't care how good at what they do and detail-oriented they are (and doubt that anyone could be better at tinting or more detail-oriented than Nino anyway). But the way things like that are handled when they inevitably happen is what makes the difference. And he could not possibly have handled it any better, so I wanted that on the record in the Chicago sub-forum.

While I'm at it, I also want to recognize the awesome work that was done on my car by Ivan at Lustr. He too is considered the very best in the area, and he sure delivered. But when this whole thing unraveled and required him to go at my car more than the one time he normally would have had to, he was as professional, supportive and understanding as ever. And it doesn't hurt that he's next door to Nino, one less trip!

And then finally, Anthony at A&L (who also co-owns IND, yet another place I had a great experience at). They fixed my door and did an outstanding job (they are the best in the area for BMW repairs), but more importantly Anthony showed the kind of flexibility and understanding that helps in such frustrating situation.

Anyway, long story short, it's a real pleasure to do business with people who take pride in what they do, and it's all the more critical when things go wrong.

Thanks to all of you and here's to hoping my tale brings you some business!

Nino, you have a customer for life.
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85711.00
      09-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
dwd08
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

First off, sorry to hear about your car, but glad Nino took care of you. Nino just tinted my M3 today. 2nd car he has tinted for me and I can't say enough about the quality of work he does. Glad to know he will take care of his customers in the case a freak accident does occur.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

I'm heading to Nino on Wednesday and wanted to see if anyone could chime in on whether there are places to eat within walking distance as I wait for tint to finish. Appreciate any assistance!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefalco25 View Post
I'm heading to Nino on Wednesday and wanted to see if anyone could chime in on whether there are places to eat within walking distance as I wait for tint to finish. Appreciate any assistance!
Man this is so refreshing to hear. My macan is still at the train wreck known as westmont body works since 7 weeks after getting rear ended and now has been at napleton westmont porsche for 4 days for a simple rear bumper parking sensor calibration.... worst experience ever.

I shoulda trusted my gut and taken to A&L ....

I have to say we should also take note that cat@ind also has amazing service in the Chicagoland area.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
rcw119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F82 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Bacowka. Good polish. Less than a mile walk east.
- 2008 E92 335i - 6MT - Sparkling Graphite (Retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcw119 View Post
Bacowka. Good polish. Less than a mile walk east.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOimJ View Post
Quote:
Man this is so refreshing to hear. My macan is still at the train wreck known as westmont body works since 7 weeks after getting rear ended and now has been at napleton westmont porsche for 4 days for a simple rear bumper parking sensor calibration.... worst experience ever.

I have to say we should also take note that cat@ind also has amazing service in the Chicagoland area.
sorry to hear about ur bad experience with the Macan. u r right about A&L Autobody, I wouldn't trust anyone else to fix/repair any of my rides besides them.
      07-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #8
I_M_Negan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP

Nino did my car with ceramic. He did an awesome job. Highly recommend.

Agreed regarding Cat @ IND too!

We are lucky in Chicagoland
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85711.00
      07-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOimJ View Post

That's unfortunate. I know someone who works at the Ultimate Paint Shop in Libertyville. Supposedly they get customers from the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park. They seem to do some nice work too.
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85711.00