THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Fender rolling/pull for fit agressive offset wheels

08-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #1
eboosted
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i xdrive 2009

Fender rolling/pull for fit agressive offset wheels

Has anyone done it on the M235i?

Do you guys have pictures of the procedure?

I'd like to fit a 19x9.5" ET39 wheels on the back and 19x8.5" ET35 on the front just need to see how hard would this process be.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

I've rolled my front fenders. No experience with rears. It's really easy to simply fold the fender lip flat on the inside. Have a paintless dent repair guy do it to make sure it comes out perfect.
      08-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Had mine done in the front too. Make sure you get someone good to do it -- if they press the front inner lip too hard, you might end up with paint cracking. However, you can fold it a fair bit and get a good amount of clearance without any chance of damage (and no outward appearance changes). It's a good mod if you want to squeeze 255s in the front of the car.
      08-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
No need to do the rear as it's already flat from the factory (unless you want to pull it also).

Had my front done to prep for my coilover/square setup. Just make sure you go to someone that has experience with it. Luckily you don't need to cut the fender liner on our cars like I've had to do with my previous cars.That's because our fender tabs are way up in the wheel well. This also means you don't have to worry about the fender getting dimpled/waved by the tabs when rolling it.

The roll will cause the fender to be pulled very slightly because of the pressure applied with rolling. Most people will never even notice it.
Appreciate 0