BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

08-13-2016, 06:07 AM   #1
Ebrahim Mayat
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW m4 GTS etc

M4 GTS running in

Hi guys

I am curious to know if the m4 gts has the running in period like other M models for the first 2000km you have to drive only to 170kmh and from 2000 to 5000km 220kmh like all the other M models.

I thought it would have but I am seeing pictures and videos of cars foing much higher speeds and still under 2000km

I also noticed that the guys who took delivery in Germany have been taking there cars on the nuurburgring amd autobahn.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrahim Mayat
Hi guys

I am curious to know if the m4 gts has the running in period like other M models for the first 2000km you have to drive only to 170kmh and from 2000 to 5000km 220kmh like all the other M models.

I thought it would have but I am seeing pictures and videos of cars foing much higher speeds and still under 2000km

I also noticed that the guys who took delivery in Germany have been taking there cars on the nuurburgring amd autobahn.

Many thanks
The only thing I paid attention to was differential seating. It has a special break in fluid. So I did not force the diff to work hard in corners and no drifts. That said, I was up to 250kmhr within minutes of leaving welt. Was up to 300 within 500km. I have done the past 3 years euro delivery, 2 M4's and GTS. My M4's were very strong motor wise and no warranty issues at all on either car. My GTS seems to be quite strong after this style of break in as well. Here is my GTS Dyno. I would suggest a road trip as I feel highway miles are best for break in. Using all gears, light loads, hard loads. Your car will thank you cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1