THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding service in NJ

08-07-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
BMWTurbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Coding service in NJ

Hello

I'm looking for coding service in north NJ for 2016 M235i. Reached out to two different performance shops and have just been ignored through email and calls. Any contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanms
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

I'm not up in NJ, but if I come up to the HPDEs in September I can give a holler. Unless you want to drive down to VA or DC :P
      08-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
BMWTurbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698
I'm not up in NJ, but if I come up to the HPDEs in September I can give a holler. Unless you want to drive down to VA or DC :P
If my work schedule would permit Id come! If your around NJ LET ME KNOW
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
chemh0ser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235ix Mineral Grey

Depends where you are at but I think Redline Speedworx in Greenbrook does coding.
2015 ///M235iX | Mineral Grey | Dakota Black | Premium | Tech | Cold | Driver Ast | HK Sound | Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Exhaust | Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Rear Spoiler and Exhaust Finishers
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
BMWTurbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemh0ser
Depends where you are at but I think Redline Speedworx in Greenbrook does coding.
Tried contacting them once last month. They were "looking into it". A month later they've ignored multiple emails from me I've sent just asking for an update and heard nothing from them. Not even a reply. Very disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
chemh0ser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235ix Mineral Grey

That is disappointing. They were recommended by the sales manager at my dealer. I was going to reach out to them for some tuning and mods. Maybe I'll look else where. If you find another place let us know.
2015 ///M235iX | Mineral Grey | Dakota Black | Premium | Tech | Cold | Driver Ast | HK Sound | Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Exhaust | Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Rear Spoiler and Exhaust Finishers
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #7
BMWTurbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemh0ser
That is disappointing. They were recommended by the sales manager at my dealer. I was going to reach out to them for some tuning and mods. Maybe I'll look else where. If you find another place let us know.
Yeah same. So far nothing. :/
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
Joaozao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I am going to be using these guys soon.

http://www.codemycar.com/

Originally I wanted to try to do it myself, but I figured it would be cheaper to get it done professionally then to mess something up and have to be towed to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #9
BMWTurbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaozao
I am going to be using these guys soon.

http://www.codemycar.com/

Originally I wanted to try to do it myself, but I figured it would be cheaper to get it done professionally then to mess something up and have to be towed to the dealer.
Agreed. Love to hear how they do
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

As long as you follow some basic rules, you can minimize risk and always reset back to factory. Plus, f-series coding is actually pretty straightforward and there is a huge community to help if any questions arise.

There is nothing wrong with just paying to get it done, but I recommend to anyone to at least learn as vehicle is coded. Therefore, you can tweak things moving forward as well as are all set in case cars coding is reset by dealer programming or good to go on future rides.

It is also nice that codemycar offers to recode if dealer erases coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #11
Joaozao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I had a great experience with codemycar yesterday. Was able to make an appointment and get what I wanted quoted with short notice.

The coding is unlimited, you can get as much as you want or as little as you want for a set price. Also, he will recode or change coding for free for as long as you own the car!
Appreciate 0