E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Giving Back - Various Parts Past 3 Weekends

08-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
Fapster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I Convertible

Giving Back - Various Parts Past 3 Weekends

I havent taken much from this Forum and I decided to give some back. I have a 2009 e93 n54 with 162,000 miles. I travel about 120 miles roundtrip each day to work.

Ran JB++ from about 5k - 30k. Switched over JB4 G5 ISO at 30k and still running it. I run Map 5.

I have been having some check engine lights and the dreaded 30ff code over the past several months. I have also been treating my UDM like a little ole lady due to her high mileage.

Over the last 3 weekends performed the following: Serpentine belt replacement (including pullys and tensioner), new part BMW Performance Muffler install, new Cobb charge pipe install, and new Forge DV.

Serpentine Belt & Pullys & Tensioner - What a royal pain to install! I have some big hands and I will tell you that damn electric fan was one royal pain to remove! Holy hell! Plus, there is not much room to maneuver that belt! I did get it completed. The old belt had the full 161k miles on it and it was still in pretty good shape! I additionally clipped off the nipple going to the upper radiator pipe, which was more money paid to BMW and more time. That plastic can really get brittle!

BMW Performance Muffler - This was the new model that has the chrome tips not welded to the muffler and no Exhaust flap. There is a thin rod on the left muffler that you attach the vacuum hose to. I used the OEM Tool Tail Pipe cutter from Amazon. After many hours of attempting to cut the pipe, it never would cut through. Had a great deep line that aided in the Sawzall cut, but I would never buy it again. Way to many hours and cramped hands. The actual installation of the muffler went quick. Awesome muffler!

Cobb Charge Pipe & Forge DV Valves - I additionally bought a new charge pipe O-ring for this installation. Another pain in the rear trying to get that pipe on. Ended up loosening the throttle body and still NO LUCK! After several hours and giving a salty sailor a run for his money , I decided to take the new O-ring out and put in the old O-ring. That was the winning ticket! Slipped right on! Installed the DV valves and the old lady has found a new set of legs! Wow! Hitting 15 on the turbo and NO check engine lights!

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to all of the DIY writeups. It has saved me thousands over the last 7 years!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Ah man, I thought you were giving away parts.....just kidding, thanks for the write up
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
Fapster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I Convertible

Hell, there were a couple of times while working on the car that I was ready to give everything away!! I will have to go to confession all week due to the language I used the past 3 weekends!
Appreciate 0