E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car has been stalling, now a new idle issue, any clues..??

07-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Car has been stalling, now a new idle issue, any clues..??

Ok so a few days ago I stopped to grab lunch and after I was done (approx 30 minutes) I went back to my car, started up fine, put it in reverse, and about halfway backed out of the parking space the engine just turned off.. All the lights and everything else stayed on, so I turned it all the way off, and it started back up and drove fine.. Well two days later I'm driving around all day just fine with no issues, then I go to meet up with my girl and as I'm parked and waiting with the a/c on, not even 5 minutes later the engine turned off, lights and all stayed on again.. I let it sit for a few minutes and was just thinking to myself what could be causing this, so I came on here, no dice.. She came out, it started up fine, and drove fine the remaining 5 hours of my work day..

Welllllll, this morning I go out to go to the gym, start my car and it immediately starts having an erratic idle, half engine light, and i tried to give it a little gas and it seemed unresponsive..

This is exactly what it was doing

So upon searching the forums someone mentioned to do a throttle reset, which I did and now it seems to be fine again..????? Some people on the forum said battery, others said throttle body, others have even claimed to check the charge pipe.. Well I did look at my charge pipe and MAF sensor on the CP and they're both still seated just fine so I know those haven't come off, but I'm thinking this isn't really related to that (could be wrong) but just figured I'd see if anyone else has had any issues like this, and found a fix for it since the previous individuals never posted back if they fixed it or not..

I'm assuming the stalling issue and the new idling issue this morning are related, because they've never happened before the other day.. Also, my car has been experiencing an occasional long crank lately as well, which I read was fuel related most likely.. It's not every single time, but it has been happening and I see how that could be related to making my car stall, but the whole idle thing this morning doesn't make sense on how that could be fuel related..

I did pull the codes from when it was doing that shit this morning and they all seem to relate to "throttle" issues but again I haven't ever experienced this so just looking for some insight..

Thanks..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 07:51 AM   #2
LQQKOUT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Make sure your connector to the throttle body (valve) is plugged in and not lose or corroded. Also I see the crankshaft sensor code that could mean an issue with the sensor. I'm not sure if that would trigger the TB to go haywire. But the sensors do go bad at times.

Last edited by LQQKOUT; 07-29-2016 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #3
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Make sure your connector to the throttle body (valve) is plugged in and not lose or corroded. Also I see the crankshaft sensor code that could mean an issue with the sensor. I'm not sure if that would trigger the TB to go haywire. But the sensors do go bad at times.
I'll check it out today after work thanks for the heads up.. And what's weird is that, after I did the TB adaptation reset, it starts and drives fine now..?? I'd imagine that if it was a sensor it would be bad all the time, no..??
Appreciate 0