E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > what are your thoughts on theses turbos

07-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
callmehugh
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

what are your thoughts on theses turbos

Got a email back from rockauto on the rotor masters

Thank you for your message. It appears you may not have seen the email that Kevin sent you about 20 minutes ago:

"The warranty for these turbochargers has been denied by the manufacturer. Both turbochargers were found within OEM specifications. All the internal components were found in spec with no wear. However the compressor cover and turbine housing outlets on both these turbos are damaged. These units appear to either have been dropped or poorly packaged before they were returned. I've included pictures of the damage as well as the formal report as attachments to this email.
The engine issues you were having are not indicative of an issue with the turbocharger, and the turbochargers would not be a cause the issue you reported with your engine.

We can either return these turbochargers to you at a cost of $151.96, or dispose of them. If we do not hear back from you by the end of the day, August 2, the parts will be disposed of."

Thank you,

Daniel
RockAuto Customer Service

Can i still use the turbos or what ?

Last edited by callmehugh; 07-26-2016 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
They're still useable, the aluminum compressor cover can be easily shaved down while the sealing surface will be unaffected. The turbine side might leak a bit but if you force a new stock gasket in place you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
What was the warranty claim for?
Appreciate 0