E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW Error code 2D59

07-15-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
Recon3D
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i, F15 X5 35d, & E60 M5

BMW Error code 2D59

Hi guys, I just flashed a stage0 proceed OTS map onto my 07 335i (E90) using MHD and I ran into a bit of a problem. The car is completely stock. No engine misfires and oil temps were low (don't think it was limp mode).

I did a bit of research but wasn't able to find much on this code, I noticed that some people were getting this code while running jb4 + meth or were either getting cylinder misfires and all that but this is not the case.

The car started up just fine after the flash, I waited a bit for the oil temps to go up a bit so I can step on it a bit. I was planning on taking it for a small test drive, however, about 2 minutes into the drive and the car went crazy. The entire dash lit like a Christmas tree and the car lost power (rpm bumping between 600 - 1200). I pulled over immediately and scanned for codes using the MHD app and I got the following errors:
2D59 DME digital motor electronics, internal failure: control actual torque?
2F6C Exhaust fumeflap, input signal (not worried about this)
After a bit I turned the car on, cleared the code in MHD and drove it back home.

Since then, I've been trying to find some more info on this error but I was not able to find much. I tried reflashing the ECU hoping it would fix it, but it didnt. After the reflash, I took it out for a drive again, this time way longer than before, and lo and behold the same thing happened. (2 of the times it happened when i tried to do a pull in 1st gear, 3rd time while cruising)

I ask you guys if you might know anything that might help me solve this problem. I really like the tune, it made the car a lot faster so I would like to keep it but if I can't find a solution i'm either gonna have to return to stock or maybe try an MHD stage 1 map. If it helps diagnose this problem easier, I can try to upload the .bin i flashed onto the car. Let me know!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
Recon3D
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i, F15 X5 35d, & E60 M5

bump
Appreciate 0