E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Paddle Shifters

07-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Joey93
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E93

Paddle Shifters

I've started to look for a replacement steering wheel. My car has the paddles in the back. 2007 E93. I know bmw has put in different paddles on the later models. Mine are the ones that can up and down shift on either side.

Are the holes in the back of the wheel the same cut outs?
Some call it steptronic and some dct.

Can someone help clarify so that I can start shopping for a proper fit please.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Steptronic and DCT are different. DCT has two clutches. Steptronic is just regular autobox with manual shifting.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey93
I've started to look for a replacement steering wheel. My car has the paddles in the back. 2007 E93. I know bmw has put in different paddles on the later models. Mine are the ones that can up and down shift on either side.

Are the holes in the back of the wheel the same cut outs?
Some call it steptronic and some dct.

Can someone help clarify so that I can start shopping for a proper fit please.

Thanks
The M3 or DCT paddles will fit any steering wheel designed for paddles. However, if you do a search on this forum, you'll discover the fit is not 100 perfect, though it is real close.

In preparation of having paddles installed for the first time, I've read nearly everything available on this forum regarding shift paddles.

I purchased a standard steering wheel with paddle cut outs and the M3 DCT paddles, and to enhance the fit, a portion of the leather on the back of the steering wheel needs to be trimmed so the DCT paddles sit a bit more flush. Doing this isn't necessary but it helps a bit with the fit.
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The paddles you have will NOT fit an M3 wheel. I have the m3 wheel and the ssg paddles are not even close to fitting. However, the upgraded steering wheel is well worth me not having paddles. I'll get the paddles if I can find a good price.
Appreciate 0