E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Converting custom Cobb map to MHD via Tuner Pro - couple questions...

07-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Cool Converting custom Cobb map to MHD via Tuner Pro - couple questions...

Posted this in the general MHD discussion thread that was just started on another forum, but didn't see any traction.

Can anyone assist with the following questions? I'm pretty self sufficient, but don't want to chance screwing something up...

I started by loading my factory bin and xdf in Tuner Pro, and am copying my Cobb tables over (and adjusting breakpoints to match ATR where necessary). Annoyingly have to use excel as an intermediary for paste / copy, because pasting directly to Tuner Pro makes it sh-t the bed and crash.

There's a few tables in Tuner Pro that aren't in ATR. I assume just leave them as is?

A few examples would be:

Missing Exhaust Gas Pressure Correction (both lean and rich) tables in ATR
Missing WGDC Floor
Enable WGDC (RPM x Boost Setpoint)
WGDC (RPM x Boost Setpoint, WGDC Correction (ECT)
Specified Load (UNK Load)
Load to Torque Limit 2 & 3 (initially these had the same value as Load to Torque Limit 1, so I just replicated the table)

Also, I think I found a bug in the XDF's...The torque reduction factor temp table has two lines of 244 ECT (here's a Tuner Pro vs ATR screenshot):

There doesn't seem to be a way to change the breakpoints for this table. I just copied the data from the 244 line and pasted it twice.

For bank 1 / bank 2 scalar, do you just set the last cell to your scalar value (1.106 in my case)? The bank 2 table seems to be blank (no values on the x or y axis), and changing the breakpoint values has no effect.

Last question - what value do you assign the DTC tables to disable things like the cat check, speed limiter, and tq safety paths (hard & soft)?

Apologize if this isn't the right thread for these questions. First deep dive into a custom MHD bin. Been an ATR guy up to meow.
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
MHD Tuning
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90

There are more tables in the xdf used for MHD compared to Cobb, leave the tables stock until you get to know them. The alternate wgdc control is nice.
I couldn't reproduce the error you got in this table, both i8 and ije display properly here. The axis are stock no need to change them - you are only seeing different roundings.

Fuel scalar...copy the axis from say a BMs backend and use the fuel map for both banks, not the last cell only.

For DTC, hover with the mouse over the code description and read the tool tip.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
There are more tables in the xdf used for MHD compared to Cobb, leave the tables stock until you get to know them. The alternate wgdc control is nice.
I couldn't reproduce the error you got in this table, both i8 and ije display properly here. The axis are stock no need to change them - you are only seeing different roundings.

Fuel scalar...copy the axis from say a BMs backend and use the fuel map for both banks, not the last cell only.

For DTC, hover with the mouse over the code description and read the tool tip.
Got it, thanks for the help.

The duplicate 244 ECT is in IJE0S.
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot View Post
Posted this in the general MHD discussion thread that was just started on another forum, but didn't see any traction.

Can anyone assist with the following questions? I'm pretty self sufficient, but don't want to chance screwing something up...

I started by loading my factory bin and xdf in Tuner Pro, and am copying my Cobb tables over (and adjusting breakpoints to match ATR where necessary). Annoyingly have to use excel as an intermediary for paste / copy, because pasting directly to Tuner Pro makes it sh-t the bed and crash.

There's a few tables in Tuner Pro that aren't in ATR. I assume just leave them as is?

A few examples would be:

Missing Exhaust Gas Pressure Correction (both lean and rich) tables in ATR
Missing WGDC Floor
Enable WGDC (RPM x Boost Setpoint)
WGDC (RPM x Boost Setpoint, WGDC Correction (ECT)
Specified Load (UNK Load)
Load to Torque Limit 2 & 3 (initially these had the same value as Load to Torque Limit 1, so I just replicated the table)

Also, I think I found a bug in the XDF's...The torque reduction factor temp table has two lines of 244 ECT (here's a Tuner Pro vs ATR screenshot):

There doesn't seem to be a way to change the breakpoints for this table. I just copied the data from the 244 line and pasted it twice.

For bank 1 / bank 2 scalar, do you just set the last cell to your scalar value (1.106 in my case)? The bank 2 table seems to be blank (no values on the x or y axis), and changing the breakpoint values has no effect.

Last question - what value do you assign the DTC tables to disable things like the cat check, speed limiter, and tq safety paths (hard & soft)?

Apologize if this isn't the right thread for these questions. First deep dive into a custom MHD bin. Been an ATR guy up to meow.
Check out v8baits tuning sheet. Explains how to set up the breakpoints for the fuel scalars. One could have all same or adjust.
Looked at an ijeos map, dont see the error, 244, 246...

Last edited by Sgop335; 07-08-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
DesertDude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 DCT

The issue is not in the XDF definition, but it is in your BIN file.

I am able to recreate the odd axis values you have in your original post when I pull up any of the the current IJE0S JB4 backend flashes.

If I pull up any other IJE0S file, the axis values look normal.

I'm guessing BIN file you are modifying in TunerPro is a JB4 backend flash.

Are you not using a backup of the original IJE0S ROM file from your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #6
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDude View Post
The issue is not in the XDF definition, but it is in your BIN file.

I am able to recreate the odd axis values you have in your original post when I pull up any of the the current IJE0S JB4 backend flashes.

If I pull up any other IJE0S file, the axis values look normal.

I'm guessing BIN file you are modifying in TunerPro is a JB4 backend flash.

Are you not using a backup of the original IJE0S ROM file from your car?
No - it is the original backup from my car extracted with MHD.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
MHD Tuning
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot View Post
No - it is the original backup from my car extracted with MHD.
If the backup was done as the car was already flashed with a BMS backend trough the other forum flasher (previous owner?), then it's not stock and will have the same wrong table.
Appreciate 0