E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Used BMW warranty & Ultimate?

03-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Jofi
Rep
Drives: for pleasure

Used BMW warranty & Ultimate?

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a used BMW, a 328i, and I'd like to know under what conditions the warranty and Ultimate Service is transferable.

This 328i was just 7k miles into its lease when the original got into a fender bender. Rather than do the repairs, the insurance company sold the car off and a non-BMW dealer did the repairs and is selling it.

The dealer selling the vehicle said that the warranty was voided because the insurance company wrote it off as totaled. One BMW dealership told me that it should still be covered under warranty, and another BMW dealership told me only Certified Pre-Owned BMWs have transferable warranties. Yet another BMW dealership refused to look up the VIN for me to see if the warranty was still valid, because they said they would be charged $100??

So...does anyone know whether the BMW warranty still transfers with this vehicle, and if the Ultimate Service is transferable? I've tried contacting BMW North America to see which is correct, but I can't find a contact number for them.
Appreciate 0