E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Remove Flapper? Alternate blow-by fitting? N54

07-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #1
ndq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Remove Flapper? Alternate blow-by fitting? N54

I notice my blow by vent hose is always leaking. I've replaced it a few times but the crappy plastic fitting just doesn't hold well. I removed the flapper valve to better suit the fitting to my oil catch can, is this safe? I don't see how useful a tiny flap can be (no pun intended).

I also have the RB PCV upgrade but I saw there's also a delete kit with a 8AN fitting to setup an oil catch can. Now I'm confused. I have my oil catch connected to the blow by vent port but it can also just replace the PCV?

In any case, is there a kit out there to make a better seal/connection over the crappy blow-by vent port?!It doesn't have much of a lip to throw a rubber hose over with a clamp.
Appreciate 0