E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > For those that

06-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
mys_iii
Private
Rep
Drives: None

For those that

live in a SULEV state, any valve cover gasket or eccentric shaft issues are covered by the BMWNA SULEV warranty. I just wanted to share this info in case some people are not aware of this. You can go to a dealer and ask them to replace these parts under warranty. Hope it helps others.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #2
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Not necessarily. It has to be a SULEV car (328 with N51 engine).

Also, you don't necessarily have to live in a SULEV state to get it covered. You just may have a difficult time in other states, since they may not know about the warranty.

Later model years of SULEV cars had slightly different warranty language, so I can't say for sure that you can get it covered if you live outside of a SULEV state.

I just had my valve cover gasket replaced under SULEV warranty on my SULEV car in Tennessee. They said that the warranty covered it since my car was originally sold in New Jersey, a SULEV state. So for me, they covered it because it was a SULEV car originally sold in a SULEV state.

Last edited by patents; 06-30-2016 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0