E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > P30ff code at random?

06-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Jmore92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 titanium silver e90 335i

P30ff code at random?

How's it going guys. I own a 08 335i e90.

At first when I had the car stock it was perfectly fine, soon after I installed a vrsf intercooler and charge pipe with BMS intake. And for about a week it ran fine. After about that week I started getting a half check engine light, I had no way of scanning it at the time. After turning the car off it would go away and I was good to go.

But it would continue to happen, sometimes when I go WOT it would appear and sometimes it wouldn't. I could do 5 pulls with no issues then it would hit me with the code. One time I was crusing it at 1500 rpm absolutely no aggressive driving and I would get the half check engine light.

So here I am with a accessort now. Loaded the stage 1+ , after a few testing the car did its target 11 psi once, then went to limp mode because of the half check engine light. The only thing coming up on the AP is p30ff. Aftersome research it most commonly a boost leak?

It accures Basically Everytime I go WOT. But sometimes I can go multiple pulls without it happening.

It makes sense i guess since I did the fmic install and maby there's a leak somewhere? It's just off because sometimes the car pulls well with no issues then out of nowhere I get the code and throws me into limp mode.

Do these symptoms seem correct? I was also reading it can be a waste gate issue sticking?? I seriously hope that's not the case. As the car ran with no issues in stock form. Issues accrued shortly after mods came in

Im going to double check. Everything to see if I missed something.

Last edited by Jmore92; 06-26-2016 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Sounds like FMIC leading somewhere. Gotta be based on your story.
Appreciate 0