BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > We need an M2 to measure for the ultimate AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit...help please!

05-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

We need an M2 to measure for the ultimate AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit...help please!

Hello Gents,
We're looking to develop our Essex Designed AP Racing Pro5000R Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits for the M2. We recently released these kits for the the F80/F82 M3/M4, and have also had great success with them in the e90 market (you can see details in this thread on the e90 forum.) Our brake kits are most the most effective, technologically advanced, and most durable brake option available, and are very similar to what the factory BMW race cars use. If you plan to track your car, our kits will also save you a bundle of money during your time of ownership!

We're looking to borrow an M2 in the Charlotte, NC area to take measurements and verify the fitment of our kits. In exchange, you'll receive AP's bleeding-edge brake technology at a fraction of the retail price. If you or someone you know can help us, please contact me via PM or email. The car can be local, or you can ship us your car. We've worked with customers in both manners.

You can see customer feedback on our Competition Brake Kits on our Essex Blog.

Below are a couple of videos on our Essex Designed Competition Brake Kits:

Below are a few pics of the latest BMW Factory racecars sporting AP Racing brakes (M6 GT3, M4 DTM) alongside our test mule M4...notice any similarities across all of these cars? AP Racing Radi-CAL and J Hook for the win.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
hpapad01
BMW CCA member and you should be too!
Rep
Drives: DYII E93 M3,540 M-Sport,911C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Hello Gents,
We're looking to develop our Essex Designed AP Racing Pro5000R Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits for the M2. We recently released these kits for the the F80/F82 M3/M4, and have also had great success with them in the e90 market (you can see details in this thread on the e90 forum.) Our brake kits are most the most effective, technologically advanced, and most durable brake option available, and are very similar to what the factory BMW race cars use. If you plan to track your car, our kits will also save you a bundle of money during your time of ownership!

We're looking to borrow an M2 in the Charlotte, NC area to take measurements and verify the fitment of our kits. In exchange, you'll receive AP's bleeding-edge brake technology at a fraction of the retail price. If you or someone you know can help us, please contact me via PM or email. The car can be local, or you can ship us your car. We've worked with customers in both manners.
You can have mine as soon I receive it. I'm 3rd on the list with Hendrick.

In the meantime, I can offer you my '11 E93 M3 if you guys need to remeasure your M3 measurements in exchange of a bleeding-edge brake technology at a fraction of the retail price.
      05-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

I'm in the Triangle and next on the list at my dealer. You can borrow it if you don't find anything before then. I don't have a production number yet so expecting something in June which hopefully means no later than August or September delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
I'm in the Triangle and next on the list at my dealer. You can borrow it if you don't find anything before then. I don't have a production number yet so expecting something in June which hopefully means no later than August or September delivery.
No cars being built in June. See the 'MY16 Done' thread. Any allocation in June, assuming you already had a production number, is either getting moved to May or July.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #5
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
No cars being built in June. See the 'MY16 Done' thread. Any allocation in June, assuming you already had a production number, is either getting moved to May or July.
Sorry if I wasn't specific. Meant hopeful for a production number/allocation in June. I know it won't be until at least July for build.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
Fullofdays
Private
Rep
Drives: m

Jeff-- I'm local - 10 mins south of you... Pm sent

Last edited by Fullofdays; 05-14-2016 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #7
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Thanks so much to the gents who have offered their vehicles! We are currently scheduled to bring a car in later this week. I'll create a new post detailing the results. Please stay tuned.
Appreciate 0