E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Removed the Airbag module (computer) in center console / How do we code out in NCS?

05-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Removed the Airbag module (computer) in center console / How do we code out in NCS?

I removed all my airbags in the vehicle and the airbag module aka computer located in the center console.

Before doing this, I had a PASSENGER seat occupancy detection malfunction causing all sorts of warning on the dash due to installing recaro sporsters.
Tried coding it out using NCExpert and INPA. No dice.
Later I turned off everything in the airbag module of NCSExpert.
No dice.
Then cleared codes in INPA.
No dice.

So I decided I'd come back to this after removing all airbags and ALSO the wires for the seats under the seats along with all the wires leading to the airbag module itself in the center console.
Now I have "airbag detection malfunction" slightly different warning on CIC but still the same lights on the dash.

How do we remove the airbag module in it's entirity from showing up in NCSExpert? I think if I code out the whole module so the car thinks it never had airbags or seat occupancy detection from the beginning, it will fix my issue.

I know others have removed airbags and such on their road racing track cars when they gut them. Surely someone has insight into this.