E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > The Dreaded Clicking knocking noise

05-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #1
Jak90
Rep
Drives: Graphite Grey E93

The Dreaded Clicking knocking noise

Hi guys just want to ask I have a knocking sort noise when turning the steering wheel left or right wether it's full lock or slight turn, no change of steering itself but just trying to be proactive about it, I also have some light on the dash board the "dsc" light , low tyre press and symbol with explanation mark all come at the same time, will try get pic of it later, but would that be separate problem. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
OGM2LCI
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 M2 LCI

I have the ticking noise when turning my steering wheel right..no change to any feel but a quite obvious creaking/knocking/ticking noise..I saw a thread that said tighten the steering rack bolts which i did but this made no difference...I also posted a thread on here about it with a video and got no help really, just a few people, like I am now, saying they have the same thing but no idea what it is or how to solve it

Also the lights you're getting sound like an ABS fault, either the sensor or more commonly the reluctor ring has corroded, swollen up and is now fouling the sensor, both of my rears are doing this, I fitted new sensor both sides and even though they're still fouling the rings the fault has gone and hasn't returned, I've got a new pair of reluctor rings sat at home waiting to be fitted but cant be assed to get the job done!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Jak90
Rep
Drives: Graphite Grey E93

Yhr I hear it's abit hit and miss like the misfiring issue's I'll hava look apparently can be the lower steering joint will hava look anyway, yhr I was guessing speed sensor/tpms guess I'll have to take it to BMW we all know what there like for under warranties stuff..."fix at minimal" lol cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:37 AM   #4
OGM2LCI
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak90 View Post
Yhr I hear it's abit hit and miss like the misfiring issue's I'll hava look apparently can be the lower steering joint will hava look anyway, yhr I was guessing speed sensor/tpms guess I'll have to take it to BMW we all know what there like for under warranties stuff..."fix at minimal" lol cheers mate
No problem, if you manage to sort your steering ticking noise be sure to post back here as it tends to get on my tits quite a bit!
Appreciate 0