European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Would like to compare mine with yours. I've just come back from BMW driver training track day and I found the DCT cars throttle response to be much better. Mine feels muted and heavy

Both comparisons done in same gear e.g 2nd 4000rpm. It felt much closer to NA then what I'm witnessing which is making me not like the car that much. Especially when I jump back in my E46 which feels like butter. I know I can't compare NA to turbo but the DCT difference compared with my manual is noticeable enough to make me create a thread.

I posted in the common section for advise if it's a manual vs DCT thing or because my car has only 2500rpm but it's turning into a MT vs DCT war with the yanks.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
FR00ZN
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 BMW M3

Pedal feel (accelerator), mine feels fine, its not too heavy or light either, actually weighed quite well. When i test drove the DCT one, it felt about the same to me but that was 6 months ago.

Throttle response is fine also for me, i don't feel a huge lag but it also depends on which gear i'm in and at what speed. Doing 60 km/h in 6th and accelerating is smooth and gradual but having it in 4th at that speed gives me the punch that i expect.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

I'll ask the dumb question....

Are you driving your car in the same throttle map as the ones on the driver training day? From memory they tell you to put all the cars in Sport Plus mode.

The difference in throttle response between Efficient and Sport Plus is massive.

Past: 2009 Ibis White S5 (APR Supercharged V8)
Past: 2004 Imola Red M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0