F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS / Broken Valve Stem Help
proTUNING Freaks

04-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
davegill
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi Coupe

Question TPMS / Broken Valve Stem Help

Hey guys, so I got my summer tires put back on my OEM wheels today at a local tire shop, and as they were taking my winters off of the wheels, they mentioned that one of the valve stem caps was cross threaded, and they could only get it off by breaking it, and potentially breaking the TPMS sensor. They said there was no other way so I gave them the go ahead. They only had rubber valve stems on hand so they put that on and sent me on my way, with no TPMS on one tire, and an annoying low pressure light in my cluster.

I have the TPMS, and it doesn't look to be broken. Does it look fine to you guys? And would I just need to purchase an OEM valve stem and have a tire shop put it back on? Does anybody know what the part number is?

Last edited by davegill; 04-18-2016 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
inspired626
Private
Rep
Drives: A slow one

Sensors are fine. You just need new valve stems. APEX has them for sale here - http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...l#.VxVohvkrKUk
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
Lawrence@FTSWheels.com
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Could you post a picture? If it's the valve stem that is damaged, it should be very easy and cheap to replace.
Appreciate 0