E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Cruise control retrofit

04-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Hi all I'm seriously considering adding cruise to my car I've done this with my previous VWs and it was a case of a new set of stalks with cruise, a new steering cowl with the extra cutout for cruise stalk and enabling through coding software. Is that the same sort of thing required for BM's or is it more involved as in looms etc.

What sort of price would someone charge to fit and code once I got the parts together roughly? Just don't have the confidence with coding and the BM yet.
      04-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
evohicks
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Touring

Hi, I had it priced from... http://www.petervanderveer.co.uk/
He supplied all the parts and coding for £350
I have since changed cars with it already on so I never got around to retrofitting it but I must say from now on its an option I will always have on a car!

Yes the setup is the same as your VW, new indicator/wiper stalk with cruise added (to match your car ie: auto wipers etc) a new lower cowl which the new cruise stalk fits in and the all important coding.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Cheers, I thought it could a be similar setup.
      04-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

its quite straightforward if you do it by yourself and then go for coding (I did everything myself, helped from youtube and posts from this forum).