THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Good price on a m235ix

04-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
montrealguy
Rep
Drives: Cadillac ATS

Good price on a m235ix

Hello from Montreal.

I am about to sign for a m235 x drive '16 with pretty much every option (exec, premium, exhaust, phone, lumbar). the car is a demo (4k km)

I am getting quoted $709 a month before taxes for a 4 year lear.

is this a good price? just wondering what I should expect. online bmw.ca i get 750ish for a brand new one.

any tips or leads is also greatly appreciated. will be my company car so don't even mind buying for cash if it makes sense
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive EBII

How much down?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
montrealguy
Rep

sorry, 0 down
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

From what I learned while ordering the car, bmw Canada has 8% margin on the car. Not sure how that applies to options, but that's the case for a lesser equipped car. For a demo car with that many kms I wouldn't want to pay much more than cost for the car. That could just be me though. Also, I could've sworn that building on the website came out to more than that. Did you include freight? That build would probably be closer to 900+ after tax, in which case the deal you're looking at doesn't sound too bad (800 after tax).
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
montrealguy
Rep

just seems like $50 off a month isn't much considering the car is a demo.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Not really no. I ordered a brand new car. Had to cause there weren't any on lots that came the way I wanted, and I managed about $95 a month less on a four year lease for a brand new car (after tax though so I suppose take 13% off of that for comparison?). I would think you would be looking at about $75 - $100 off for a demo car. At least I would be. To be perfectly honest, if you shop around you could get the car fully loaded brand new ordered from someone for that price or better. Send some emails to various dealers within whatever area you're willing to drive to pick up a car and see what they quote you. You might be surprised what someone will offer you.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #7
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

One other thing to keep in mind, if they are telling you zero down due on delivery, the way you built it on the site might not match up. Typically the online configurator will give you payments as if you pay PDI and Freight on deliver (~$2000 or something like that). This could skew it to look like less of a deal than it really is.

Alright, so I was curious and built the car. Ended up with the same options as I got to the exact same MSRP as in your picture. As I thought you didn't add in the Frieght and PDI. Doing that puts the pretax payment to $801 a month. So they're giving you about $92 off per month. I don't think that is quite cost for them but it's getting close. So looking at it that way it's a much better deal then it first appears, but I don't think I would take it. Something about a demo car with 4k on it wouldn't sit right with me and if you try a little and shop around you can likely get the same deal on a brand new one ordered from the factory or intercepted if there's one unallocated. If you're not that hung up on the mileage and the fact that it's a demo, it's actually not a bad deal. Saving you 92 bucks a month over 48 months still comes out to ~$4400 bucks off.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 02:02 AM   #8
rt92
Canada
Rep
Drives: X7 (Incoming), Model 3 AWD

Definitely see what your other BMW dealers have or will have in stock, because i'm thinking $4400 isn't nearly enough to compensate for the mileage on the odo. I picked mine off the lot with $3500 off with 750km on the odo (fully loaded as well) fairly easily so I think you can do better.

If you do go for this car though, make sure you get that 4000km added to the mileage limit on your lease contract.
Appreciate 0