BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > BMW increases pricing on M2 reflectors.

04-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

BMW increases pricing on M2 reflectors.

IND has been supplying painted reflectors for BMW cars since our company’s inception in 2006, and in that time, we’ve helped give tens of thousands of cars this subtle transformation.

The F87 M2 is no different, and IND will once again help BMW owners cure the front of the car of the unsightly orange reflectors. Unlike the previous cars, however, OE BMW reflectors have dramatically increased in price. As many IND fans know, IND uses only OE BMW reflectors for our cores in order to ensure perfect fit and finish of our painted reflectors.

Unfortunately, it seems that BMW has noticed the increased demand for reflectors, and has dramatically increased the price of their OE cores! Where the F82 M4 core price was at a previously (vaguely) reasonable $52 for the pair, the F87 M2’s core price has increased to $112.70! The new price of the original BMW reflectors means that we’ll spend nearly $100 on the core part, before any sanding, priming, paint, or buffing work commences.

While we will of course continue providing painted reflectors to our loyal client base, we wanted to publicly explain the increase in pricing. IND will be working diligently to pursue alternative avenues to provide painted reflectors to our clients, but will never do so at the expense of an ideal fit and finish. We will of course keep the community up to date as new developments occur!

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 04-04-2016 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

I appreciate your candor in this matter. So how long before you take my money? And what about the rear reflectors for goodness sake?! And tell me your working on a front lip for this thing!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Thanks for supporting our community!
I have have been increasingly frustrated with BMW and their price gouging especially in regards to the enthusiasts OEM after market parts. What a joke.
I am sad thinking my incoming M2 will be my last new bimmer. I believe they have lost their way.
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
I appreciate your candor in this matter. So how long before you take my money? And what about the rear reflectors for goodness sake?! And tell me your working on a front lip for this thing!
I'm just going to pull my rear reflectors off and either wrap them with tint or spray paint with flat paint. No need to go overboard with those unless you are color matching to the body. The front reflectors will be purchased from IND.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
KGun
Buffalo Bills Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2019 X2 M35i) (2022 Z4 M40)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5
Yes, PLEASE add color match rear reflectors to the IND site.

In my opinion, the rear reflectors are far more of an eyesore than the sides. Just MHO......
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

per the photoshopped renderings, the rear reflectors look good black. it adds a degree of definition to the rear bumper lines that a painted reflector loses. I plan on wrapping my rear reflectors in gloss black vinyl, but fronts painted by ind indeed
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Thanks for supporting our community!
I have have been increasingly frustrated with BMW and their price gouging especially in regards to the enthusiasts OEM after market parts. What a joke.
I am sad thinking my incoming M2 will be my last new bimmer. I believe they have lost their way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I'm just going to pull my rear reflectors off and either wrap them with tint or spray paint with flat paint. No need to go overboard with those unless you are color matching to the body. The front reflectors will be purchased from IND.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGun View Post
Yes, PLEASE add color match rear reflectors to the IND site.

In my opinion, the rear reflectors are far more of an eyesore than the sides. Just MHO......
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post
per the photoshopped renderings, the rear reflectors look good black. it adds a degree of definition to the rear bumper lines that a painted reflector loses. I plan on wrapping my rear reflectors in gloss black vinyl, but fronts painted by ind indeed

Thanks for the kind works, everyone! We'll absolutely add the rear reflectors as well. We'll keep the forum posted as more develops- I believe that the M2 will be a very exciting car to own, drive, and modify.
      04-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #8
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
What about clears? I guess that would mean you'd need to get a hold of the original moulds or spend time with a CMM to get dimensions and then make your own. I'd be a bit more interested in clears over body colour since cops can be dicks.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
KGun
Buffalo Bills Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2019 X2 M35i) (2022 Z4 M40)

Garage List
Color matched, let's not forget.....

You still get a sweet effect thanks to the bumpers esthetics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #10
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
Unlike the previous cars, however, OE BMW reflectors have dramatically increased in price.
As alternative, consider developing a cut-out template for the M2/X5M/X6M rear reflectors in a dark tinted foil/wrap (blackline treatment).

By doing so, the reflectors remain functional (street-legal) + aesthetic improvement + independent from OEM rear reflector prices (it's just an overlay) + easy reversible/replacable.

The M2 rear reflectors created quite some controversy. The 1M rear bumper black plastic inserts were better from an aesthetic point of view.

See this thread: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1184587

1M: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18
      05-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #11
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Just installed these today and they look great! iND did a great job on the paint it matches perfectly. A little pricey but I understand the politics behind it.

The car looks SO MUCH better with that awful orange gone against LBB. Blue and orange just do not look right together with this setup.

Thanks!!
      05-07-2016, 05:12 AM   #12
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
Just installed these today and they look great! iND did a great job on the paint it matches perfectly. A little pricey but I understand the politics behind it.

The car looks SO MUCH better with that awful orange gone against LBB. Blue and orange just do not look right together with this setup.

Thanks!!
Nice, but...

I have them in hand, but have yet to install them. What did you use to wipe the excess adhesive from the double sided tape of the ambers?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Nice, but...

I have them in hand, but have yet to install them. What did you use to wipe the excess adhesive from the double sided tape of the ambers?
Do you have any goo gone? How much is left over and are you saying it's left over on the reflector or inside th fender.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #14
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have any goo gone? How much is left over and are you saying it's left over on the reflector or inside th fender.
Installed this weekend. I used a blow dryer and some Adam's APC to wipe any excessive residue (Not much). I should have hit it with the blow dryer some more as I may have biffed up the molding a bit when removing the ambers. I posted pics in the "What did you do for your M2 Today" thread in the Discussions subforum. You can see there is a small gap as I may have stretched the molding a little when removing the ambers. Oh well, they look tons better than Ambers.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Installed this weekend. I used a blow dryer and some Adam's APC to wipe any excessive residue (Not much). I should have hit it with the blow dryer some more as I may have biffed up the molding a bit when removing the ambers. I posted pics in the "What did you do for your M2 Today" thread in the Discussions subforum. You can see there is a small gap as I may have stretched the molding a little when removing the ambers. Oh well, they look tons better than Ambers.
I think that gap is on all of them you just notice it more with the color matched reflectors. I think I remember seeing a gap in one of the IND reflector threads on thier car. I'll take a look at my stock reflectors to see if there is a gap.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #16
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think that gap is on all of them you just notice it more with the color matched reflectors. I think I remember seeing a gap in one of the IND reflector threads on thier car. I'll take a look at my stock reflectors to see if there is a gap.
Thanks. Yeah, I looked at them today again and it's really not that bad at all. I think pictures can exaggerate the gap more due to shadowing. Nonetheless, I really like the look of the painted reflectors over the ambers. I think it helps the design flow more. I said the same with the color matched gills too, so I think this just completes the look of the seamless side profile.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #17
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc

Thanks!!
While you may not like BMW Amber reflectors
Blue and orange are actually *complementary colors * when it comes to fashion and color.

#denver Broncos
#florida gators
#boise state
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #18
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
While you may not like BMW Amber reflectors
Blue and orange are actually *complementary colors * when it comes to fashion and color.

#denver Broncos
#florida gators
#boise state
Do not like these teams. Removed ambers in lieu of paint matched. Win!

LOL. I hear you on the colors, however, the "clean look" is much better in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #19
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

These are 40 bucks a piece on getbmwparts and that's not even wholesale, so you're basically charging $100+ bucks to paint a pair of reflectors?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #20
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
These are 40 bucks a piece on getbmwparts and that's not even wholesale, so you're basically charging $100+ bucks to paint a pair of reflectors?
They wanted to charge me $60+ for shipping the $35 keycase, so not really all that surprising.
Appreciate 0